Shenanigans Local #666 -- You Paid Your Dues, Now Kick Off Them Shoes!

I don't drink these days, except the rare beer or glass of wine, but even when I did I never ever got that bad. :LOL:
Sadly.....I've had my periods. I accept full responsibility for my actions, and make no excuse for my behavior.

Man do I got some stories.

Now ..no more than 3-6....no more than 2 unless at home .... whiskey only in the winter, when the snow is deep enough to tire me out when I get whiskey frisky....don't ask.

Now I try to be as adult as possible with my intoxicants, but I keep way different company now, as opposed to the past, so it's easier to control myself.

I'm human. I er.

Spearmint
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

I do remember peach schnapps in a Fuzzy Navel. :grin
Definitely not my drink of choice but pretty good.
If I were to drink liquor these days I'd most likely sip on some good whiskey, maybe scotch.
I get it ..it's kind of a weird secret theme I do.

Everything in the post is somehow related to each other, in my mind ..from my perspective. Even the song usually ties in too.

This is a euro autumn nod. Fall stay warm comfort food and drink ....Germanic/Slavic aimed. As is my family lineage....so yeah.

I'm predominantly a mid level, working mans bourbon man myself. My go to is always Maker's Mark.

Screenshot_20240921-095344_Gallery.jpg

My girls get me a half gallon every Christmas.

I get it ..it's kind of a weird secret theme I do.

Everything in the post is somehow related to each other, in my mind ..from my perspective. Even the song usually ties in too.

This is a euro autumn nod. Fall stay warm comfort food and drink ....Germanic/Slavic aimed. As is my family lineage....so yeah.

I'm predominantly a mid level, working mans bourbon man myself. My go to is always Maker's Mark.

View attachment 28996
My girls get me a half gallon every Christmas.
You'd like my wife then, she has a bottle in the freezer right now. Serious. :LOL:
I like Maker's too, Jack is probably my all-around fave though.

That's my wife's favorite too....I myself detest it ...that may be due to my ignorant teenage years.....🤮
I used to love it with a soda. Way too easy to drink like that.
My wife will sometimes get Woodford Reserve which is pretty good. I just decided to stop drinking liquor probably year and a half ago because I feel better when I don't. :grin

I used to love it with a soda. Way too easy to drink like that.
My wife will sometimes get Woodford Reserve which is pretty good. I just decided to stop drinking liquor probably year and a half ago because I feel better when I don't. :grin

Same. Pretty sure I turned into an alcoholic during COVID. It was awful and I felt like
utter shit in a chronic and debilitating way that I never want to repeat.

I also am pretty confident that at 56 my body just does not metabolize toxins as well
as it used to. :LOL:

Few beers here and there.... a sip of Bourbon or Whiskey now and again, and that's that.

I have good friends who are still 12 pack a day guys and I have no idea how they do it. :idk

Same. Pretty sure I turned into an alcoholic during COVID. It was awful and I felt like
utter shit in a chronic and debilitating way that I never want to repeat.

I also am pretty confident that at 56 my body just does not metabolize toxins as well
as it used to. :LOL:

Few beers here and there.... a sip of Bourbon or Whiskey now and again, and that's that.

I have good friends who are still 12 pack a day guys and I have no idea how they do it. :idk
Yeah, don't know how some do it either. Fortunately, I've not had much trouble with drinking. I never binged or drunk heavily anyways so quitting outright is no problem. Heck, back in the day I smoked more pot than I drank. :LOL:

Yeah, don't know how some do it either. Fortunately, I've not had much trouble with drinking. I never binged or drunk heavily anyways so quitting outright is no problem. Heck, back in the day I smoked more pot than I drank. :LOL:
I too am at about 18 months right now on the wagon! I do see alcohol in my future, but right now, medical issues and medications treating the same have me saying no!! Over the past 10 years though, I have certainly slowed down because I don't want to "pay the tab" the next day. Not headaches, have not had a hangover headache in decades (and have certainly drank enough on many occasions to warrant one), but just body malaise and wasted days (ooooooh, that sounds like good song topic)!!! I have drank HEAVILY in my life, but have never been a daily drinker and NEVER turn to it to solve depressed moments in my life. Celebrations, different story, largely because celebrations are fun and the more I drink, the more fun I have (till I hear those hadcuffs click anyway) ;~))

I may indulge a bit more than I should lately. Not a good thing. Lots going on in this little noggin. Stress. I know it's not the right way to deal with things.

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

I am nowhere near competent enough to offer anyone advice. Life is hard when things are going good.
When they are not.... well.... we all seem to cope in whatever ways we can manage at the time. Healthy
or not.

Hope the overwhelm passes. :hugitout

Back