PRS leak? NF3R SE

I'm in the minority here but I really dig it.

The beveled edges look really good with metallic finishes IMO. It reminds me of an Ernie Ball kind of, and compliments the lower horn cut. The white pearl finish with black guard and rosewood board would be slick.

The NF3 pickups are interesting. The price of the USA NF3 models were way too high so nobody ever used them, but now they're reasonable. They seem kind of like rail pickups but with a little wider aperture and deeper bobbins to get more winds.

The control layout is perfect too. Master volume, master tone, 5-way switch.

One thing I'm curious about is how the bridge pickup would handle gain. But this looks like an awesome modern alternative to a Strat that you could gig off the shelf.

M11248000001000-00-600x600.jpg

I really like the look of this one. I don’t think it’s something I really need, but it’s a cool guitar.

D

White pearl model…

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwcnNpbWFnZXMiLCJrZXkiOiJndWl0YXItaW1hZ2VzL3NlLW5mMy0yMDI0LWhvcml6b250YWxfcGVhcmwtd2hpdGUuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsianBlZyI6eyJxdWFsaXR5Ijo4MiwicHJvZ3Jlc3NpdmUiOnRydWUsInRyZWxsaXNRdWFudGlzYXRpb24iOnRydWUsIm92ZXJzaG9vdERlcmluZ2luZyI6dHJ1ZSwib3B0aW1pemVTY2FucyI6dHJ1ZX0sInJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MTkyMCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo2NjMsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn0sInNoYXJwZW4iOnRydWV9fQ==

So, I went to the local shop and played this model today for a bit.

Build quality was great, as expected.

Wide/thin neck was also great, because the “thin” part is not that thin - no thinner than Fender modern C, anyway.

The pickups surprised me in a good way - they were right in the middle of SC and HB. A bit higher output than a SC, but still had a good chunk of SC bell-ish tones. They also are not as mid-heavy as I heard in some videos, and still have some brightness to them if needed. Took gain well, too. I have never been a fan of Fender Noiseless pickups - although they have improved with each iteration, they still have a bit of mid honk and dullness that I don’t care for. The PRS NFs seem to have remedied those issues, and added a wee bit of power to boot.

This is definitely staying on my radar as I currently don’t have anything Stratty, and would gladly spend the $799 for this over just about any MIM Fender Strat, let alone some of the MIA ones…

So, I went to the local shop and played this model today for a bit.

Build quality was great, as expected.

Wide/thin neck was also great, because the “thin” part is not that thin - no thinner than Fender modern C, anyway.

The pickups surprised me in a good way - they were right in the middle of SC and HB. A bit higher output than a SC, but still had a good chunk of SC bell-ish tones. They also are not as mid-heavy as I heard in some videos, and still have some brightness to them if needed. Took gain well, too. I have never been a fan of Fender Noiseless pickups - although they have improved with each iteration, they still have a bit of mid honk and dullness that I don’t care for. The PRS NFs seem to have remedied those issues, and added a wee bit of power to boot.

This is definitely staying on my radar as I currently don’t have anything Stratty, and would gladly spend the $799 for this over just about any MIM Fender Strat, let alone some of the MIA ones…

Cool! Definitely seems more interesting and capable of more diversity in tones than something like the Mayer Silver Sky SE.

Back