Potential upcoming new doggie day

DrewJD82

Staff member
I’ll know in the next day or so if I’m going to be a dog owner again!

My friend knows someone having a hard time with life right now, he’s been homeless and told her he needed her to watch this guy over night and he’s been MIA ever since. She already has a dog and is going to the UK this week, she sent me this vid and I didn’t really give it any thought, just told her immediately whatever I can do, even if it means taking him in permanently, I’m there.

Obviously, I’d want him to be back with his owner, I couldn’t imagine being in that situation and having to give up my dog, but I heard he’s had it a bit rough the last few months. I’ve fostered a few I’ve fallen in love with over the years so if the owner does finally get his life together, I know how that process goes. I’ve been debating getting a dog for a while now and the timing might just be perfect for it.

Hopefully going to meet him tonight. If the owner doesn’t pick him up by Thursday, he’ll be with me until I go to Boston next week, then he’s coming right back to me when I get home!

Been kinda touch and go with the dog’s owner over the last two days, he’s certainly proving he can’t care for the dog in any way whatsoever.

Current plan is at 2PM I’m heading over to pick him up and I can’t even focus on work because I’m too excited!

That poor pup. I could never give up my dog. If times got tough, my dog would be the inspiration for me to be a Walmart greeter or toilet scrubber so I could make enough money to suport them, let alone me. Take that dog and give him the best life, Drew.

Also:
Happy Jonah Hill GIF

NEW DOGGIE!!!!!! :LOL:

That poor pup. I could never give up my dog. If times got tough, my dog would be the inspiration for me to be a Walmart greeter or toilet scrubber so I could make enough money to suport them, let alone me. Take that dog and give him the best life, Drew.

Also:
Happy Jonah Hill GIF

NEW DOGGIE!!!!!! :LOL:

This will be the 2nd time I’ve rescued a dog from someone who became homeless. Fortunately, this guy had my friend take him in before he could no longer afford to feed him properly.

I can’t even really think of how I’d handle that situation. I know with my previous rescue, the owner was trying to find work and it just wasn’t happening, he was living in his car for months before he surrendered the dogs. This current guy seems to have a few more issues outside of just work.

So awesome.

I had a rescue Lab/Pit mix that talked to me like that. He lived to the ripe old age of 16.

He came with the name Keno... which became KenoBeano a year later ... then occasionally KeenerBeaner.... by age 10-12 it was just Beans.

So by my estimation.... Echo.... EchoPlex.... Plexy.... (y)

Last edited:
Man, we gave his owner every possible chance to come get him and it just wasn’t happening. Initially my heart went out to the guy, but when my friend started relaying his texts I did a 180. Even if he made good on his word to have someone pick up the dog I couldn’t trust for a second it’d be going to a good place.

So he’s here!
IMG_6709.jpeg

IMG_6705.jpeg

He’s such a well behaved dog. He’s only 2 but his demeanor is just so calm he acts quite a bit older. Except for climbing on people, I’ll have to train him not to do that, though it was nice to walk up and he immediately put his paws up on my shoulders like he was hugging me. He listens to commands, walks on a leash fine and was playing with my friend’s Aussie very well for the last week.

If Barry White were a digiridoo, that’s kinda exactly how Echo talks. :rofl

I’m anxious to learn more of his personality and for him to get comfortable here. Unfortunately, I leave for about 10 days next week and he’ll be staying with another friend of mine at a totally different place. Not how I’d prefer his first month here went, but I didn’t know I was going to own a dog until a couple days ago and I bought those Metallica tickets almost two years ago!

IMG_6711.jpeg

IMG_6714.jpeg

Beautiful! Those eyes are something else.

Let's hope those eyes aren't thinking "I wonder what that Shiva tastes like?" lol

Hahahahhahahahah the studio door is staying closed until I learn all his habits!

I have a ring cam in my apartment, he didn’t even bark when I left, just laid down by the door and has been chilling there ever since. Everyone here at work are dog lovers so I’m going to go scoop him up around lunch and bring him back to soak up some attention.

Back