Poly Beebo gets NAM capture support

Lysander

Shredder
Looks like it has finally happened.

Firmware 331 Beta 1 for testers

This is the first beta with the new NAM amp capture module. This version only plays the included models and you can’t import captures. Next beta will include importing external amp captures, and progress after testing to the update. Just download this update if you want to check it out and provide report issues. This also includes Strum, a fix to the quantizer and a number of start up fixes, that fix race conditions depending on timing at start up. The NAM module only play Nano captures and they are still quite heavy. There should be enough CPU for a mono cab and a delay or two, but running reverb at the same time won’t work.

EDIT: No, not the very first unit doing this :( I think the Mod Dwarf has been able to run NAM captures for some time now.

Last edited:
Puede ser una imagen de texto
Puede ser una imagen de texto

That would be funny!
But the NAM thing is somewhat realistic in that it’s an open source project, not a commercial one.
I give it about 12 months until we see an announcement for some kind of dedicated hardware, optimized for NAM. No doubt someone is working on it.

I give it about 12 months until we see an announcement for some kind of dedicated hardware, optimized for NAM. No doubt someone is working on it.

I'd be surprised to see something specifically nam oriented - but I could see existing platforms adopt it. Just probably not l6/fas/ndsp unless they monetize it somehow or adopt the source, and I'm not too sure what else is out there with enough DSP. I think the hardware requirements are the tough part to satisfy there, and building something from scratch around that would require substantial resources and development like the QC did. Most of the smaller stuff out there now is running chips that aren't really strong enough for nam (except the nano caps like on beebo here).

That said, I'd happily settle for nano captures too if the platform can be as low latency and usable as normal modelers or tonex. What I do now is retrain nam models with tonex for the pedal. It's annoying but actually works extremely well and ironically I think it might actually be as good as or better than doing the original amp sometimes, depending on the source and quality.

Y'all are crazy :D Why is everyone begging Fractal to add NAM support all of the sudden?

Not only Cliff has made his stance on the subject very clear, multiple times, but Fractal already supports capturing - via the Tone Match block. It's essentially the same technology used in Kempers.

Y'all are crazy :D Why is everyone begging Fractal to add NAM support all of the sudden?

Not only Cliff has made his stance on the subject very clear, multiple times, but Fractal already supports capturing - via the Tone Match block. It's essentially the same technology used in Kempers.
Who's begging?

Tonematching is not the same thing at all.

How am I supposed to know what Cliff's stance is? I don't hang on his every word, like some people do. Also, Tone Match isn't remotely the same thing as NAM or ToneX. It's not much more than an EQ match. It's also only on the AxeIII. Also, I'm not begging. Cut the shit with the hyperbole.

Back