Plexi vs DSL comparison

I am e-friends with everyone in this thread :love Everyone should post clips. Always!

Let me build a bridge and post my DSL clip

If you expect me to compare the realism of that to a real trumpet, You're going to have to include a recording of a real trumpet, Jive. I'm not shitting on your clip, here, just your middle school education that apparently failed the basics of explaining how "comparisons" work.... :beer :beer

If you expect me to compare the realism of that to a real trumpet, You're going to have to include a recording of a real trumpet, Jive. I'm not shitting on your clip, here, just your middle school education that apparently failed the basics of explaining how "comparisons" work.... (where'd the beer-cheers emoji go?!?!?!)
DON'T THINK FOR ONE SECOND I DIDN'T PICK THIS CLIP ON PURPOSE! :cuss

:beer:sofa

Man, not even JT and some fun Turmpets can make this thread not be irredeemably toxic. :(

When I really think about it, I’ve bought more amps based on iPhone clips than I have actually real clips, I don’t believe I heard a “real” Cameron clip till I made my own, my hermansson and monomyth same thing. I actually did buy the shure iPhone mic for the “in the room” guys but never tried it

I think that amps like the DSL line are perfect if you want "Marshall bark" but don't want single ended feel. To me thats the best of both worlds. I like my guitar to feel immediate and responsive to what I am doing. You can get a DSL to feel a bit spongy with an attenuator and you are still spending way less than what you'd spend on a Marshall Plexi amp. I've done it, and didnt like it but I wanted to see if I could get those so called magical unicorn fart sounds and feel. Nothing turns me off faster than a single ended tube amp that sounds like it's about to puke on itself.

It’s a killer amp. If they ever did a 40HR smallbox, I’d be very tempted. (And no, those conversions aren’t the same; can’t do a Marshall with top controls.)

First Half GIF

:LOL:

People have been clamoring for that for a long, long time. I don't understand why Marshall hasn't/won't do it. Excuse my lack of imagination but they'd sell like hotcakes if they did.
Yeah I don't know. It's weird; Friedman, Splawn, etc. didn't happen yesterday. Why doesn't Marshall just do a Friedman, since it's a Marshall Friedman was modding to begin with? "You've seen the copies, now get the original!"

That's why it's clear to me whoever is in charge at Marshall doesn't give a flying fuck about amps anymore. That died with Jim Marshall.

It’s a killer amp. If they ever did a 40HR smallbox, I’d be very tempted. (And no, those conversions aren’t the same; can’t do a Marshall with top controls.)
I think if it had “ Made in England “ written on it it would cost more and would be more desirable….

I love mine, I did a gig with it and everyone was complimenting me about my sound. Unless they are line lol

Im thinking to get 20w head, do you think it will be loud enough in band settings?

I think if it had “ Made in England “ written on it it would cost more and would be more desirable….

I love mine, I did a gig with it and everyone was complimenting me about my sound. Unless they are line lol

Im thinking to get 20w head, do you think it will be loud enough in band settings?

I know you were asking PW but I have gigged my Blackstar HT-20 head a few times and it's plenty loud through a 2x12 of V30's. Has just enough thump too.

I know you were asking PW but I have gigged my Blackstar HT-20 head a few times and it's plenty loud through a 2x12 of V30's. Has just enough thump too.
Nice, Im trying to trade my HX stomp for 50w origin if I cant then Ill sell it and get Dsl 20w, I have 2x12 already and I’ll use that rig for rehearsals.

Thanks for your reply 🤘🤘🤘

It should be? It depends on A. if you're being mic'd, B. how efficient is your cab and C. what species of primate is your drummer? If he's a gorilla, I'd be hesitant. If he's a chimp, probably would be good with a 2x12. If's he's a spider monkey, you're definitely fine.

Sorry not sorry about primate comparisons. I'm sure they've got their own about us guitarists :rofl

Back