Plexi vs DSL comparison

Get your anti-cork-sniffery vibes out of this "my cell phone says they sound the same" thread!!!

:facepalm holy shit... is this TGP trash overflow here or what?

you do understand I was in the same room with the amp rights? YOU are the one hearing through a cell phone.

If you have a problem with the quality of my cell phone recording, it's a very simple easy problem to solve: buy the amps and make your own comparison.

:facepalm holy s**t... is this TGP trash overflow here or what?

you do understand I was in the same room with the amp rights? YOU are the one hearing through a cell phone.

If you have a problem with the quality of my cell phone recording, it's a very simple easy problem to solve: buy the amps and make your own comparison.
Wow, you're a dick across three forums now! Congrats.

:facepalm holy s**t... is this TGP trash overflow here or what?

I mean, the irony was pretty great, no?

Lol another mudslinging thread over guitar shit that barely even matters to guitar players much less anyone else.
For god sakes play guitar and be happy!!!
If you love the DSL, I hope you get 10 of them.
If you love a Plexi, I hope you get 10 of those, too. Let’s just pray for a cure for tinnitus.

Well, I guess if you're listening through the phone you might only hear hypocrisy, but reading it in a forum thread...I definitely felt irony.

Unless there’s some lame back story here I’m not following this is an extremely dumb pile on tbh.

Indont think there’s any cork sniffery going on. As to his original post, we’ll the 2000s and current DSLs are literally different circuits… and had diffeeent transformers. So he is correct they’re different. Don’t think he was trashing anything

And anyway… if there is an authority out there in the world on anything and everything DSL it is very literally Billy.

I like both you and Wookiee, but tbh y’all are both being super lame in this thread :idk

Let’s all smoke some weed and get along and play some rock n roll

Not really sure what the beef here is, Billy is great player, contributor and certified really good dude…..

And the farthest thing from a corksniffer there could be :idk
No beef! I laugh at my own hypocrisy as much as I laugh at others. OP: a Marshall's a Marshall, amiright?!? Down-tgread-post: aHEM, not all DSLs are the same. It's funny.

No beef! I laugh at my own hypocrisy as much as I laugh at others. OP: a Marshall's a Marshall, amiright?!? Down-tgread-post: aHEM, not all DSLs are the same. It's funny.
Nowhere in this thread I said all Marshalls are the same and a "Marshall is a Marshall". These are literally your words, not mine.

What I said is the 2 amps can sound "close" to each other meaning they share the same core tone, which I find to be true for most decent Marshalls.

The reason I made this little comparison, is so people looking for a good sounding Marshall on a limited budget would not to be dissuaded over the "DSL is crap" or "any Marshall made outside of the UK" is crap, which is so persistent on the internet and just not true.

Me personally? I own both amps and a few more. So I am good either way.

I could very well act like an ass and say "hey if you don't have a "real Plexi, sucks to be you" like many love to do online to feel better about themselves but instead what I was trying to do is showing people that can't afford the plexi, how close they can get within their budgets.

But like anything on the internet these days, you can't do anything without getting jumped on by trolls.

And yeah you're acting like a troll, talking about my cell phone and stuff. I Which is your prerogative, but pretty lame regardless. And frankly it says more about you than about me.

I am not a professional YT channel and don't intend to be so give a break with this "cell phone" BS , I just thought I'd make a video to help someone out there.

People: Hey we want something different than TGP

also: let's act exactly like we do at TGP.

Okay then. Suit yourself.

Nowhere in this thread I said all Marshalls are the same and a "Marshall is a Marshall". These are literally your words, not mine.

What I said is the 2 amps can sound "close" to each other meaning they share the same core tone, which I find to be true for most decent Marshalls.

The reason I made this little comparison, is so people looking for a good sounding Marshall on a limited budget would not to be dissuaded over the "DSL is crap" or "any Marshall made outside of the UK" is crap, which is so persistent on the internet and just not true.

Me personally? I own both amps and a few more. So I am good either way.

I could very well act like an ass and say "hey if you don't have a "real Plexi, sucks to be you" like many love to do online to feel better about themselves but instead what I was trying to do is showing people that can't afford the plexi, how close they can get within their budgets.

But like anything on the internet these days, you can't do anything without getting jumped on by trolls.

And yeah you're acting like a troll, talking about my cell phone and stuff. I Which is your prerogative, but pretty lame regardless. And frankly it says more about you than about me.

I am not a professional YT channel and don't intend to be so give a break with this "cell phone" BS , I just thought I'd make a video to help someone out there.

People: Hey we want something different than TGP

also: let's act exactly like we do at TGP.

Okay then. Suit yourself.
For the most part, I was having a laugh at ridiculousness, nothing more. You seem completely incapable of laughing at yourself in anyway, which sucks. It's a rough way to roll through life.

Putting a cell phone clip of two amps blaring at it and causing the phone's limiter to kick in hard on both amps is the epitome of internet stupidity. That's got nothing to do with cork sniffery, it's like having a taste test but everyone has to put a clothes pin on their nose.

I haven't seen anybody in this thread knocking the DSL, or bragging about plexis being better (indeed, those that have noted differences identified a preference for the DSL). Which is absolutely what I would expect from this forum since it is not at all filled with older-is-always-better folks.

I've never plugged into a DSL...or a plexi for that matter. JCM800 is the only Marshall I have a decent amount of experience with, and that was ages ago. I'm much more of a Fender-style.amp guy myself. So I honestly have no opinion about whether a DSL can sound a lot like a plexi.

But it is still hilarious that someone posting a thread about how two wildly different Marshall circuits can sound really close would get picky over which DSL, since there are non-wild differences amongst the types. Not because I think it makes you an idiot. But because it's what folks that are into gear dom. All of us. Get not-at-all picky about somethings, and wildly picky about others for reasons that are not arbitrary to us individually, but are hilarious to others. This forum is at its best when folks assume that others are having good spirited fun with the absurdity of being a gear head. TGP is at its worst when everyone assumes any attempt to have a laugh is necessarily a personal insult.

Pretty cool vid. I never gave DSLs much of a thought to this point, but thanks for posting it up.

I love when people who are not funny at all blame others for being "uncapable to laugh" at their lame trolling.

For the most part, I was having a laugh at ridiculousness, nothing more. You seem completely incapable of laughing at yourself in anyway, which sucks. It's a rough way to roll through life.

Putting a cell phone clip of two amps blaring at it and causing the phone's limiter to kick in hard on both amps is the epitome of internet stupidity. That's got nothing to do with cork sniffery, it's like having a taste test but everyone has to put a clothes pin on their nose.

I haven't seen anybody in this thread knocking the DSL, or bragging about plexis being better (indeed, those that have noted differences identified a preference for the DSL). Which is absolutely what I would expect from this forum since it is not at all filled with older-is-always-better folks.

I've never plugged into a DSL...or a plexi for that matter. JCM800 is the only Marshall I have a decent amount of experience with, and that was ages ago. I'm much more of a Fender-style.amp guy myself. So I honestly have no opinion about whether a DSL can sound a lot like a plexi.

But it is still hilarious that someone posting a thread about how two wildly different Marshall circuits can sound really close would get picky over which DSL, since there are non-wild differences amongst the types. Not because I think it makes you an idiot. But because it's what folks that are into gear dom. All of us. Get not-at-all picky about somethings, and wildly picky about others for reasons that are not arbitrary to us individually, but are hilarious to others. This forum is at its best when folks assume that others are having good spirited fun with the absurdity of being a gear head. TGP is at its worst when everyone assumes any attempt to have a laugh is necessarily a personal insult.

If we’re gatekeeping cell phone clips shits getting even lamer in here :idk

Back