Picks, what you using?

IMG_2241.jpeg

Those Tusq picks are better than I expected- a good amount of give. Bright.

Stringjoy is great 👍

I backed these guys on a Kickstarter a few years back and really like this design.

Before I discovered the Rombo, I was a big fan of the Dava Grip Tips and still use them occasionally.
I perused their website and grabbed the deluxe gift set. Such interesting designs. I have to try them!

I perused their website and grabbed the deluxe gift set. Such interesting designs. I have to try them!

Those Rombo Jade look :love!
So far I supported their first 2 runs via Kickstarter which covered off their first 8 designs. My personal favorite has definitely been the Jade.

I also ordered some picks from Acoustic Attak, mainly because of the Devin Townsend signature run they just did. I ordered the Devy picks (still waiting) and their Arsenal Hybrid; not bad, particularly the Stealth but I think I still prefer the Rombo Jade.

So far I supported their first 2 runs via Kickstarter which covered off their first 8 designs. My personal favorite has definitely been the Jade.

I also ordered some picks from Acoustic Attak, mainly because of the Devin Townsend signature run they just did. I ordered the Devy picks (still waiting) and their Arsenal Hybrid; not bad, particularly the Stealth but I think I still prefer the Rombo Jade.

I’m all for these weirdo picks. That said, the Attak picks don’t grip me quite the same as the Rombo stuff. I may try them after I give the Rombos their due. Keep ‘em coming ;)

I’m all for these weirdo picks. That said, the Attak picks don’t grip me quite the same as the Rombo stuff. I may try them after I give the Rombos their due. Keep ‘em coming ;)

I tried Rombo about three or four years ago? They had a cool pick called the paperwhite that I really liked… It’s kind of folded like a W for grip.

I tried Rombo about three or four years ago? They had a cool pick called the paperwhite that I really liked… It’s kind of folded like a W for grip.

:grin

Says coming soon, so maybe they're reintroducing it? The Origami pick is included in the set I bought, so I'll get to try it out.

Just order a variety pack from Rombo. I like pick shootouts while noodling. I'm actually having to quit the Hawk picks cause I find I'm dropping them too often. Back to a red EJ Jazz III with the molded in grip for now.

guitar-pick-variety-bundle-rombopicks_600x.jpg

Just order a variety pack from Rombo. I like pick shootouts while noodling. I'm actually having to quit the Hawk picks cause I find I'm dropping them too often. Back to a red EJ Jazz III with the molded in grip for now.

guitar-pick-variety-bundle-rombopicks_600x.jpg

Are they still fucking hot glueing those things to that cardboard? Jeepers!

Takes five minutes to get one picked off …

It's easier to pick fast and control dynamics with pointy picks, but I use triangle picks cus I like how they sound. I particularly like the Blue Chip one, cus it sounds the most balanced along with my fingers when I hybrid pick.

I used to like thick picks for a good while but noticed one day that they cause an annoying chirp noise when the pick makes contact with the string. So I stay somewhere within 1 - 1.5mm now.

It's easier to pick fast and control dynamics with pointy picks, but I use triangle picks cus I like how they sound. I particularly like the Blue Chip one, cus it sounds the most balanced along with my fingers when I hybrid pick.

I used to like thick picks for a good while but noticed one day that they cause an annoying chirp noise when the pick makes contact with the string. So I stay somewhere within 1 - 1.5mm now.
I’ve never used a Blue Chip, but it looks like their triangle picks are rounder?

I went through a triangle phase too (still dabble), and I like the Ernie Ball Prodigy picks, though those may be pointier than you like.

IMG_6424.jpeg

Back