Pete Thorn ToneX video!!!

I’d be interested to get my grubby hands on some of Pete’s captures from that video, especially the M tones.

There’s a big reason I stay off Twitter; it’s a collective of the absolute worst opinions, personalities and people clamoring to make a profit off those opinions and personalities. When I remember I have the app, I go on and read Mark Morton and Devin Townsend’s tweets and try to close it before I venture out of that realm because NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES OF IT.

I follow Pete on there and he’s said before, that’s the one place where he speaks his mind. Won’t see him doing it on stage, on his YouTube channel or FB page, he just does it on Twitter. I’ve seen a LOT of people come at him for his views and often relying on something that makes very little sense to support their argument, IE, “You were born in Canada, why do you give a sh*t about US politics?” and I’ve seen him handle them in all manner of ways, but overall, Twitter isn’t where people go to have reasonable discussions about politics or the ills of the world, it’s where people put on digital boxing gloves and punch their own face several times while trying to get all the hot air to escape from their mouths. Regardless of their leaning or opinion.
A best buddy of mine is a huge twitter "influencer", very popular and I'm sure most here have heard of him, although I won't say his name. lol
We played in a band together for many years and still mess around with music here and there. I agree with him on 99% of stuff but I just don't see how he can live in that twitter world? I couldn't do it. I get that people want to make a difference and say what needs to be said in that arena, I just think it takes a bit of your soul away after so long. Music/gear forums are quite enough for me and I'm an average engager at best. You won't see me on fb, twitter or instagram.

but I just don't see how he can live in that twitter world?

For me, Twitter is the best "tool" to gather rather broadband informations for all things political. Yes, it *is* getting rough there, so you need to be able to deal with that flamesuit and you better show up with proper armament, too. Also, or rather; most of all, you need to be able to read between lines and do your interpretation homework. And you need to be able to not just get all wound up (even if you are very well allowed to appear as if you were all wound up...).
If you follow all these, Twitter is an incredible pool of information and pretty much the only wellknown place where free speech is allowed.

For me, Twitter is the best "tool" to gather rather broadband informations for all things political. Yes, it *is* getting rough there, so you need to be able to deal with that flamesuit and you better show up with proper armament, too. Also, or rather; most of all, you need to be able to read between lines and do your interpretation homework. And you need to be able to not just get all wound up (even if you are very well allowed to appear as if you were all wound up...).
If you follow all these, Twitter is an incredible pool of information and pretty much the only wellknown place where free speech is allowed.
I agree except for the part about it 'is' getting rough. I think it was much worse, or more censored. I prefer less censorship. Don't get me wrong, I do read a lot of what people say on twitter and check on my buddy's page a lot, but I'll never have a profile there. It'll suck the life outta me.

Hey, some people like dry scabs though?!
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

Whats Twitter ??
The sphincter of the internet where diarrhea of the brain is spraying the proverbial bowl of society.

Twitter isn’t where people go to have reasonable discussions about politics or the ills of the world, it’s where people put on digital boxing gloves and punch their own face several times while trying to get all the hot air to escape from their mouths. Regardless of their leaning or opinion.
Which makes me scratch my why Pete even wastes his time there unless he thinks he’s somehow going to change someone’s mind??? He seems much smarter than that but he’s from Canada that has different political views than most Americans and he lives in Los Angeles so no shocker there…. So yeah it makes sense he’s very left leaning which will turn people off to him and guess he doesn’t care. I could care less what his political views are personally. From what I read on his feed I think he’s wrong on some things but that doesn’t make me dislike him.

Last edited:
The sphincter of the internet where diarrhea of the brain is spraying the proverbial bowl of society.

Which makes me scratch my why Pete even wastes his time there unless he thinks he’s somehow going to change someone’s mind??? He seems much smarter than that but he’s from Canada that has different political views than most Americans and he lives in Los Angeles so no shocker there…. So yeah it makes sense he’s very left leaning which will turn people off to him and guess he doesn’t care. I could care less what his political views are personally. From what I read on his feed I think he’s wrong on some things but that doesn’t make me dislike him.
Me either.

I dislike him for talking to me like an asshole. Just want to clarify that again.

Man, I wish I was lucky enough to be victimized by one of my Heroes. Heck, I'd settle for a
middle-aged guy who starred in TV commercials as a kid, but who no one remembers. :hugitout

:ROFLMAO:

I know the feeling of being treated like crap by a "celebrity"

I know exactly what you mean! I have this elderly celebrity neighbour and I'm sick of him.

"Oh lord, can you mow my lawn again man - I don't wanna get recognised".
"Hey Hounddog, could you be a good soul and fetch my groceries - they'll recognise me at the store".
"Could you come over and fix my busted toilet... I can't call a plumber - or they'll recognise me. Mercy mercy".

It's about time I go over there and tell him straight, "I'm sick of this shit, It's high time you fessed up about your faked death Mr. Presley."

Last edited:
Back