Perplexed: an Old Digitech RP300 vs Lekato Multi-effects pedal (a what?)

littlebadboy

Roadie
Perplexed: an Old Digitech RP300 vs Lekato Multi-effects pedal (a what?)

My freshman daughter decided to pick up the and learn guitar. So, I got her a Lekato Multi-effects pedal from Amazon. It's really tiny and cheap at $36.47. I did not expect much from it, but since it has IR and loading too, and I had a barely used "FRFR" cab anyway, I thought, why not?

I read that it has the following:
Overdrive, distortion, CHORUS/PHASER, delay and reverb effects, including 9 Amp preamps and 8 classic IR cabinets body model, Support IR Loading or Deleting, built in rechargeable battery, supports music playback via Bluetooth function, convenient to playing the accompaniment, and is also an interface for computer recording.

I wasn't expecting much, but when we got it... Dang it sounded so good! I was surprised!

So, I also got an old used Digitech RP300A from Marketplace for $30. I just got an adapter for $15. I thought of comparing the two. It sounded like... Old tech. But, it is versatile with all the weird sound effects, etc. I'm sure some of you are familiar with what it is.

The Lekato doesn't have a display so a newbie like my daughter would understand, but has all the basic things. The RP300A has a lot of effects, but she may never use them, or understand how to use.

So... I don't know which to keep? What do you guys think?

I can return the Lekato, while I I think can sell the RP300A.

Back