Can you hear the difference?/WTF Lekato?

"This is Dolores Mooer calling on behalf of Alex Kenivel and we would like to pursue a refund on the fault Lekato Wireless unit"
OMG Ali Express is STILL sending me/Doloris LENGTHY emails in FRENCH about that order, and I have no idea what they're asking. :idk They've probably billed me 10x for the damned thing, and sent samples of my DNA to Mooer for future product development.

That's a feature, it's called "cable tone", it's just that it simulates a really long and bad cable.

Seriously, I was looking at this thing the other day but luckily I watched a video that showed just that

"This is Dolores Mooer calling on behalf of Alex Kenivel and we would like to pursue a refund on the fault Lekato Wireless unit"
Henry The Worst Popcorn GIF by Studios 2016

Throw those videos up on Youtube, then get all of TGF to comment on how trash that is… may not get you a refund, but will certainly dent their sales going forward.

I wasn't expecting Mogami 1ft cable tone or anything, maybe something close to the other $40 Chinese wireless dongle from the same company (WS-50) with a lower number in its model name (higher number =/= more betterer), or maybe some better customer service overall - not just different nameless Lekato employees giving me the good cop/bad cop treatment.

6 days ago I replied to:

"if you said WS-70 has quality problem,please kindly take a clearer video to show us how it doesn't work,that we could check and solve for you better.(actually the video you sent can't show any problem)"

I replied with along the lines of "oh, its def. borked, maybe a FW update with gain bump and eq change, or maybe a refund"

and it has been silence from them for 6 days. I've just sent, in bold and underlined letters, a formal request for a return label and refund. Hope this one takes 🤞

Well, I hate to be 'that guy'...... but the WS-70 system I ordered showed up yesterday, and I think it's great!

Now let's be clear here, yes, my ears are getting closer to having 60 years on them than I like to admit, so make of that what you will.

I'm experiencing no volume drop, but yes, a slight loss of high end....a quick 3dB bump of 7500Hz with a Q of 1 on the Axe-Fx's global
parametric EQ, and I can not tell a difference between a cable and this system. You know what they say.....ignorance (or old age) is bliss.....
biggrin.gif

Well, I hate to be 'that guy'...... but the WS-70 system I ordered showed up yesterday, and I think it's great!

Now let's be clear here, yes, my ears are getting closer to having 60 years on them than I like to admit, so make of that what you will.

I'm experiencing no volume drop, but yes, a slight loss of high end....a quick 3dB bump of 7500Hz with a Q of 1 on the Axe-Fx's global
parametric EQ, and I can not tell a difference between a cable and this system. You know what they say.....ignorance (or old age) is bliss.....View attachment 18213
Oh that's just fine, be that guy. I felt like that guy for bringing myself to post this thread in the first place. If it weren't for Lekato's shitty CS I wouldn't have. They're not going to refund my money without me shipping this back to China for about as much as the unit itself costs. I'll use it in my travel guitar kit, I'll be using it this weekend with a Spark Go where I won't really care about sound quality.

I just tested and reviewed their WS-100 model
Quick spoiler: this one is definitely more transparent than the WS-70 but has more latency (not really noticeable though when going thru just an fm9 and a pair of Kali LP6)

Back