Pedalboards

Atm

Attachments

• 23256611-A01D-4715-B96B-A7472E989064.jpeg
    23256611-A01D-4715-B96B-A7472E989064.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 26
I need to throw one together hopefully today. I ended up not returning my MX5 so I want to combine it with some other pedals on a Gator G-Bone I have. I am also heavily considering going back to an FM3. I think the two would mesh together well.

I miss having dedicated pedals a little… again… it’s a back and forth thing. Luckily I have a few left overs that I loved before my Helix life started that I didn’t sell because they were either cool or pretty or sounded quite nice…
Carcosa is definitely going back on, there are a few quirky fuzzes in helix, but every time I plug the Carcosa in it wows me.
And as i will use a fx loop i might as well take advantage of it and put more in. Think I’ll put the Dod 250 ri in there also, it’s a type of drive I found myself gravitate to within helix to ( I’m just not the tube screamer/klon type of person ) and either use it as clean preamp thing or crank and get meaty and fat.

But this is a problem…
1288CBC2-C87F-442E-A921-901D94FC8817.jpeg

Guess I could nudge the stomp to the left edge but it makes me a little bummed because the left side of the board is protecting a midi cable, headphone cable and the power cable to the stomp is elegantly sneaking up on the left and is firmly wrapped around the stomps corner there… y’all don’t give a shit about all this nonsense. But i like to talk about it so that’s that!

I miss having dedicated pedals a little… again… it’s a back and forth thing. Luckily I have a few left overs that I loved before my Helix life started that I didn’t sell because they were either cool or pretty or sounded quite nice…
Carcosa is definitely going back on, there are a few quirky fuzzes in helix, but every time I plug the Carcosa in it wows me.
And as i will use a fx loop i might as well take advantage of it and put more in. Think I’ll put the Dod 250 ri in there also, it’s a type of drive I found myself gravitate to within helix to ( I’m just not the tube screamer/klon type of person ) and either use it as clean preamp thing or crank and get meaty and fat.

But this is a problem…
View attachment 1739

Guess I could nudge the stomp to the left edge but it makes me a little bummed because the left side of the board is protecting a midi cable, headphone cable and the power cable to the stomp is elegantly sneaking up on the left and is firmly wrapped around the stomps corner there… y’all don’t give a s**t about all this nonsense. But i like to talk about it so that’s that!
Organizing and aranging pedalboards is so much fun and PITA at the same time. I have a new board coming today :rofl

Ok… I give up… the nano board was nice but it was to weird getting my toes on the Micro when it was crammed in between stomp and the dvp… so back to trusty old Metro 16… the always “just almost perfect pedalboard”. The problem with this, is that I can’t ignore the empty space :unsure:
Might try some mini pedals, for fun. I’m done trying to add delays and reverbs because HX does it all for me. But I might venture into compression and gain things.
@kartikg3 go on… mock me if you want… I can take it :LOL:

View attachment 1197
Love this. I am late to the party; I am sure the empty space is gone by now?

I just finished building this one made out of a repurposed bamboo mat. Added some rubber bumpers to raise it a bit on top. If i were still gigging, I’d simply go with an actual board but this will work just fine for home use. Only issue now is I’m getting a hum now only when I engage the Englishman or Golden Plexi pedals. This wasn’t happening when the pedals were on the floor. I’m thinking it may be the power supply that is mounted underneath or a bad patch cable, or all the cables that are zip tied together underneath to keep it tidy, but again, this wasn’t happening prior to putting everything together. I’ll remove the power supply tomorrow and see if that is the issue or continue troubleshooting. Some may want to look away now, you’ve been warned lol…

835BFE3A-6B7A-42FC-AD72-25C3A79B5F89.jpeg

Love this. I am late to the party; I am sure the empty space is gone by now?
Nah… just stomp, jet micro, dvp mini and Carcosa now. But I want to bring back trusty old dod 250 because I tend to always use that in the stomp. So I might as well add it since I’ve got an fx loop for Carcosa.

I just finished building this one made out of a repurposed bamboo mat. Added some rubber bumpers to raise it a bit on top. If i were still gigging, I’d simply go with an actual board but this will work just fine for home use. Only issue now is I’m getting a hum now only when I engage the Englishman or Golden Plexi pedals. This wasn’t happening when the pedals were on the floor. I’m thinking it may be the power supply that is mounted underneath or a bad patch cable, or all the cables that are zip tied together underneath to keep it tidy, but again, this wasn’t happening prior to putting everything together. I’ll remove the power supply tomorrow and see if that is the issue or continue troubleshooting. Some may want to look away now, you’ve been warned lol…

View attachment 1807
Looks like you need to fill up a spot as well :hmm:guiness

Looks like you need to fill up a spot as well :hmm:guiness
Yeah, I’ve been eyeing some kind of klon clone but that may change if I find out that the Englishman or Golden Plexi bit the dust. I have a second Golden Plexi in the drawer as a back up because I dig that pedal, but then I’ll go in deeper water and pick up the Wampler Plexi Drive Mini. I may just get it anyway but I will wait until I get my Jet City amp back from Doug. I’m having him remove the mods I have in it and replace them with the Brown mod which should get me in the Friedman territory on channel 2 and with it comes the Boosted Plexi mod on channel 1. For only 250 bucks plus shipping one way, it was a no brainer.
:beer

Yeah, I’ve been eyeing some kind of klon clone but that may change if I find out that the Englishman or Golden Plexi bit the dust. I have a second Golden Plexi in the drawer as a back up because I dig that pedal, but then I’ll go in deeper water and pick up the Wampler Plexi Drive Mini. I may just get it anyway but I will wait until I get my Jet City amp back from Doug. I’m having him remove the mods I have in it and replace them with the Brown mod which should get me in the Friedman territory on channel 2 and with it comes the Boosted Plexi mod on channel 1. For only 250 bucks plus shipping one way, it was a no brainer.
:beer
Very nice! I GAS for jet city amps all the time.

So here's the board as it stands. No matter how big a board I get; there is always some goddamned OCD inducing thing (things :bag ) I can't avoid. Top mounted pedal power and cable management being clearly the issue on this iteration. As it is; board itself turned out good. Grabbed it as a kit off Amazon, assembled and painted. Pretty happy. For now. Till I am not.
k3zhQaO.jpg

Last edited:
So here's the board as it stands. No matter how big a board I get; there is always some goddamned OCD inducing thing (things :bag ) I can't avoid. Top mounted pedal power and cable management being clearly the issue on this iteration. As it is; board itself turned out good. Grabbed it as a kit off Amazon, assembled and painted. Pretty happy. For now. Till I am not.
k3zhQaO.jpg
It’s time now. Put that Truetone under somewhere… do it

Organizing and aranging pedalboards is so much fun and PITA at the same time. I have a new board coming today :rofl

I actually really love doing this, especially when I'm in a spot where I can cut cables to length and get it looking tidy as hell. It's just like setting up guitars, it's like a meditation that I really, really enjoy.

I've said it in a bunch of pedalboard threads over the years when I see a rat's nest- send me your board/pedals/cables and pay the shipping, I'll send you back a super clean board without the rat's nest!

Back