Pedalboards

Replay box. I had one when they first came out. Have you ever heard an “clock” or “click” sound coming from it… like the repeats are constantly sending out a signal. I had that problem and T-Rex replaced it with a new one that had the same issue. It was mostly obvious using real amp and cab in a band setting, the volumes exaggerated the problem kinda. Was really weird to hear that click click click click. So i moved on and got another pedal. Maybe they fixed that? Because it’s a good delay pedal.

Not sure what that is, swede. I have experienced it with certain delay pedals as well. I never took the time to diagnose what it
was. Seems directly related to the delay time, as you mentioned, and/or a tempo feature.

Click.... click..... ;)

Not sure what that is, swede. I have experienced it with certain delay pedals as well. I never took the time to diagnose what it
was. Seems directly related to the delay time, as you mentioned, and/or a tempo feature.

Click.... click..... ;)
I’ve only heard it once in a pedal and that was the replay box… two of them. Tried and had many delay pedals but only that one did that. But Faka says his doesn’t so that may mean they fixed it in production. I bought it basically when it was released. Those first batches may have slipped through quality control with that.

I’ve only heard it once in a pedal and that was the replay box… two of them. Tried and had many delay pedals but only that one did that. But Faka says his doesn’t so that may mean they fixed it in production. I bought it basically when it was released. Those first batches may have slipped through quality control with that.
What kinda power supply were you running? Sometimes clock noise = starved for power.

So been working on my FM9/SY1000 pedalboard. I am at my usual crossroads where I need a two tiered board. The Nux board in my OP is great for the GR/Stomp rig but I need something much wider for the FM/SY board. Thinking about using plexiglass board with a shelf mounted above it. Not sure how feasible that idea is?

So been working on my FM9/SY1000 pedalboard. I am at my usual crossroads where I need a two tiered board. The Nux board in my OP is great for the GR/Stomp rig but I need something much wider for the FM/SY board. Thinking about using plexiglass board with a shelf mounted above it. Not sure how feasible that idea is?

You haven't even built it yet and you are already exhausted lugging that behemoth around. :unsure:

You haven't even built it yet and you are already exhausted lugging that behemoth around. :unsure:

i haven't lugged it anywhere just yet :bag

The "draw" (for the next 17 minutes obviously) is FAS drives up front of the Badlander (which I do prefer over switching channels on it) and using the SY with 1/4 cable instead of bolting the GK everywhere. I have already done that; but this would allow me to use whatever guitar I want. I predict it will be a behemoth but we'll see. I've already went from the SY into a 22lb Mustang combo to the Badlander, 2 112 cabs and a pedalboard.

WtEKFA.gif

My bandmates do look at me like I am ridicuous because of the board size, but hey, I'm carrying it :D

That cover band I was in over the Winter were the nicest group of people I’ve ever played with in a band, like if you told me they all met doing mission work for a church, I wouldn’t have been surprised. Not a curse word or anything remotely negative out of any of their mouths, ever. First few practices everything is normal (aside from our f*cking whacked out bass player) and we’re all getting along, then one day I’m carrying in my FM9 board, which is rather large, and I scuff up my knuckles in the door-

“F*cking c*ckass motherf*cking c*ntrag piece of f*cking sh*tf*ck, goddamn that hurt!”

They all looked at me like I just killed a baby in front of them, to which I replied “Well, I did tell you guys my nickname has been Drucifer for the last 20 years.” One of the singers then referred to the board as the “devil pedals”. :rofl

That cover band I was in over the Winter were the nicest group of people I’ve ever played with in a band, like if you told me they all met doing mission work for a church, I wouldn’t have been surprised. Not a curse word or anything remotely negative out of any of their mouths, ever. First few practices everything is normal (aside from our f*cking whacked out bass player) and we’re all getting along, then one day I’m carrying in my FM9 board, which is rather large, and I scuff up my knuckles in the door-

“F*cking c*ckass motherf*cking c*ntrag piece of f*cking sh*tf*ck, goddamn that hurt!”

They all looked at me like I just killed a baby in front of them, to which I replied “Well, I did tell you guys my nickname has been Drucifer for the last 20 years.” One of the singers then referred to the board as the “devil pedals”. :rofl
"It was a good run but not today, Satan!"

Update on the board. Intermediate phase. Bought a TrueTone CS6 for power, a Maverick mini wah to replace the one in the pic. Just got my Polytune 3 mounted. My OCD clone is coming Monday as well. Some more flat patch cables to make the connections as well.

RE: The spot for my wah. Doesn't look right in the pic; but it actually works great where it is. I did buy a Maverick to replace it because size wise; it's my favorite.

Attachments

• wah_board.png
    wah_board.png
    979.2 KB · Views: 16
Update on the board. Intermediate phase. Bought a TrueTone CS6 for power, a Maverick mini wah to replace the one in the pic. Just got my Polytune 3 mounted. My OCD clone is coming Monday as well. Some more flat patch cables to make the connections as well.

RE: The spot for my wah. Doesn't look right in the pic; but it actually works great where it is. I did buy a Maverick to replace it because size wise; it's my favorite.

I forgot all about grabbing that Plumes last week, there’s a used one at GC I was going to snag.

It's a great pedal. I think the OCD clone with switchable HP/LP is going to work better for me though on this board. I'm excited to have a real wah and good power supply again.
The cs6 is very nice, thats what Ive been using for several years now. I sometimes have thought it could have just a little more juice… but I never pushed it really.

I used the Maverick mini for many years have been happy. Nice sound, big and small enough, nice pedal movement given the dimension.

So this ^^^ is now this:

image_6483441.JPG

Yes, this is bigger and heavier. But I love the all-in-one aspect vs my previous HXFX + Stomp setup. The FM9T sounds amazing in 4cm and the base tone is way better than using just the HXFX in 4cm. No need to have one unit in front plus another in the amp's loop. Also love the quality of the modulations and delays, just amazing. This setup puts the wah in a much better spot, @JiveTurkey :). Still using the Suhr Micro MIDI to change channels on my Electra Dyne, works great. I did need to buy a Morley Hum X to get rid of a nasty ground loop hum, as mentioned in other threads.

I'm also enjoying experimenting with the amp models - so far my favourites are the IIC+ and JTM45. Eventually I will get a good power amp to use with my Mesa cabs, right now I'm just using the Power Amp In on my Katana MkII 100, which actually sounds pretty damn good. But I do still prefer my Electra Dyne by a large margin, at this point.

I will be gigging this board for the first time this weekend. Should be fun! :rawk

(And I'll be getting rid of the screen covers when my ZenRigs covers arrive, don't worry. :grin)

Hybrid board:

52252009773_75efc9e1f0_h.jpg

HX Stomp XL is doing mostly stereo post-amp effects, generally chorus, delay, reverb. Iridium is in the loop of the HX Stomp (along with the other pedals) and is doing the amp, cab, and room modeling.

I think I'm going to pull the Golden Boy and ARP-87 off the board though. I don't like running mono delay before the Iridium because it gets too dirty, and has too much interaction with the boost pedal. The Golden Boy I just don't love the sound, a little too bright even with the internal trim pots turned down.

I also have a NUX Ace of Tone which is based on the JHS Double Barrel (Tube Screamer + Morning Glory). The Morning Glory is based on the Bluesbreaker, just like the King/Prince of Tone, and the Golden Boy is as well. So I've been comparing the NUX vs the Golden Boy vs the HX Stomp POT model. They can be dialed in somewhat close. The NUX is a little smoother than the Golden Boy and is closer to the Heir Apparent model. I can get those two very close. So I may just try running the Iridium + Stomp for a bit.

Ok… I give up… the nano board was nice but it was to weird getting my toes on the Micro when it was crammed in between stomp and the dvp… so back to trusty old Metro 16… the always “just almost perfect pedalboard”. The problem with this, is that I can’t ignore the empty space :unsure:
Might try some mini pedals, for fun. I’m done trying to add delays and reverbs because HX does it all for me. But I might venture into compression and gain things.
@kartikg3 go on… mock me if you want… I can take it :LOL:

50D69E7B-B003-4C62-8C95-4579C5B0D3B3.jpeg

Ok… I give up… the nano board was nice but it was to weird getting my toes on the Micro when it was crammed in between stomp and the dvp… so back to trusty old Metro 16… the always “just almost perfect pedalboard”. The problem with this, is that I can’t ignore the empty space :unsure:
Might try some mini pedals, for fun. I’m done trying to add delays and reverbs because HX does it all for me. But I might venture into compression and gain things.
@kartikg3 go on… mock me if you want… I can take it :LOL:

View attachment 1197
What's the grey box up top do?

What's the grey box up top do?
ahh yes. Its an Fairfield Circuitry Modele B. Its basically an "always on" version of their The Barbershop. Its in the same camp as Benson Preamp, Hudson Broadcast, Greer Lightspeed... bla bla bla "fancy pants" type of overdrives/preamps.

I like it, definitively more than just overdrive. This one is very transparent, doesn’t change the eq, more of everything basically. More gain is more of everything. More drive is also more of everything, no midhump or cuts anywhere. There is a “sag” knob which starves a part of the jfet circuit and that’s very cool.

I guess, one could use this pedal into a high headroom amp for simulating amp drive at lower volumes.

I got it used a month or two ago and decided why not try it. As it’s an always on pedal I placed it in the stomp fx loop until I’ve decided if it’s good enough to keep as it’s intended use. At the moment I use it clean at unity gain, and it definitely adds more goodness to the signal.

Back