Pedalboards

I actually really love doing this, especially when I'm in a spot where I can cut cables to length and get it looking tidy as hell. It's just like setting up guitars, it's like a meditation that I really, really enjoy.

I've said it in a bunch of pedalboard threads over the years when I see a rat's nest- send me your board/pedals/cables and pay the shipping, I'll send you back a super clean board without the rat's nest!
Block all pics of my boards right now :bag

I actually really love doing this, especially when I'm in a spot where I can cut cables to length and get it looking tidy as hell. It's just like setting up guitars, it's like a meditation that I really, really enjoy.

I've said it in a bunch of pedalboard threads over the years when I see a rat's nest- send me your board/pedals/cables and pay the shipping, I'll send you back a super clean board without the rat's nest!

Where are you and how much do you charge? I love doing it too but my main big board needs some love and I’m having a hard time finding the time.

Where are you and how much do you charge? I love doing it too but my main big board needs some love and I’m having a hard time finding the time.

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale. I've only done this for myself and some buddies, I've never charged for it. I'm definitely not a legit builder like Friedman/LASD, but I really love tidy boards. This is my AxeFX board. Still waiting to figure out exactly how I want to run my FM9 board before I do the same thing to do.

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale. I've only done this for myself and some buddies, I've never charged for it. I'm definitely not a legit builder like Friedman/LASD, but I really love tidy boards. This is my AxeFX board. Still waiting to figure out exactly how I want to run my FM9 board before I do the same thing to do.

Nice work! If I decide to do something and let someone else take over I may hit you up. I’ve thought about letting XTS in Nashville do it but man they ain’t cheap… however they do touring boards for most of the pros out of Nashville so I know it would be done right.

Nice work! If I decide to do something and let someone else take over I may hit you up. I’ve thought about letting XTS in Nashville do it but man they ain’t cheap… however they do touring boards for most of the pros out of Nashville so I know it would be done right.

Great dudes at XTS as well!

For that board I just ordered a bunch of cables in longer lengths than I needed, then ordered a bunch of jacks, once I had everything laid out I'd just plug the right angle jacks into the pedals, cut off the other end and started zip tying them down until I reached the jacks, cut the cable to length and soldered them in with the jacks plugged in. On one of those, I forgot to put the collar on the damn cable, not once, but 3x. The same damn one! :rofl

I haven't done anything with power supplies and all that yet, but that'll be happening soon once I start building my new board with actual pedals and no modeling stuff.

Very nice. (y)

It's funny, I like them to look generally neat on top, but the bottom underneath can be messy as hell and I don't care at all. :grin

Thank U Reaction GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

And place the sugar drive sideways above tuner and the other white pedal. You’d also need a Zvex pedal above the volume pedals there. Box of rock? Fuzz factory? Both excellent.

Thank U Reaction GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

And place the sugar drive sideways above tuner and the other white pedal. You’d also need a Zvex pedal above the volume pedals there. Box of rock? Fuzz factory? Both excellent.
I never thought to do that with the tuner. I could just put it up above the SD. I am out of power taps though so no adds. I also can't put anything above the Boss exp because I would end up just turning the trumpets on everytime I went to activate whatever it was.

I never thought to do that with the tuner. I could just put it up above the SD. I am out of power taps though so no adds. I also can't put anything above the Boss exp because I would end up just turning the trumpets on everytime I went to activate whatever it was.
Understand. Another thing would be to place the tuner sideways above the exp and keep it always on?

Look at me though. I had a memory that I have a slightly wider pedalboard with four rows. Been thinking about it for a while, want to add a few pedals I’ve had around…

Turns out i probably got into my mind that it was a brilliant idea to chop it into a three row… so it’s almost a Metro 16… luckily it’s one of those cheap Palmer or Harley Benton boards.
D4BC81FB-DC4F-4010-8D24-009C827451BC.jpeg

Wtf…. Stupid stupid stupid… a four row in that width is perfect… fuck
GIF by NETFLIX

The Tetris game… looks like I’m ordering another 4 row… again :ROFLMAO:

Metro 16, may be able to squeeze in a mini pedal (fuzz, drive, od). Don’t like placing pedals sideways… but gotta say… the 250 looks kinda ok sideways.
1CE31F02-D837-499D-97FB-BA4B0F6FBAF7.jpeg

Palmer chopped off board.
Not quite perfect to line up stomp and two pedals and the dvp in line… works… but quirky and annoying.
464F90E1-F2DE-457C-BF6F-37B5D586BB1D.jpeg

CC09E044-0900-45FC-85E5-0F23E5EEE70F.jpeg

Which is the sexiest?

I just found a stockpile of 3/4” baltic birch plywood we have stored on the campus, think I’m going to have one of my staff members cut me a couple different sizes just to keep on hand for different applications. I haven’t seen the price of plywood lately, but last time I bought a sheet it was like $70 and we’ve got more than we’re going to use for the next 5 years.

If Home Depot has the U-channel in stock I can bang out a couple boards over the rest of the week and my apartment will start looking like Dave Friedman’s shop. :ROFLMAO:

ok. I’m done for this time. Back, butt and knees hurt. I managed to get the 250 on there and the metro 16 is still my true love. I can see an opening for a mini, need to sell off the one standard sized I have left. I’m also considering if I can get hold on one of those square mini pedals to sit on the top right there. I recall there is an American pedal maker that does square mini pedals. This would round off this board pretty well…
04219319-642C-4011-92EA-0330F79778F9.jpeg

So here's the board as it stands. No matter how big a board I get; there is always some goddamned OCD inducing thing (things :bag ) I can't avoid. Top mounted pedal power and cable management being clearly the issue on this iteration. As it is; board itself turned out good. Grabbed it as a kit off Amazon, assembled and painted. Pretty happy. For now. Till I am not.
k3zhQaO.jpg
What board is this?

Back