Ownhammer Discontinued

This is comedy gold!!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
giphy.gif

This Live IR from the core files is so incredibly good.
Can anyone tell me what exactly is behind it? So which micros and positions and what has been changed in terms of voicing

I wonder if this has anything to do with piracy? It’s disgustingly easy to upload IR files. They are honestly everywhere.

Is that the official reason? I went to OH website but didn’t see anything about the discontinuation.
Kevin has said that he will be moving over to software plugins. I think the plan is probably to replace the older stuff with some sort of plugin format. Hopefully it will be released soon.

Kevin has said that he will be moving over to software plugins. I think the plan is probably to replace the older stuff with some sort of plugin format. Hopefully it will be released soon.

So he's giving up on anything useful for hardware modelers/ir loaders?

Do plugins meet the need for live use for most people (besides the subset that are using a laptop as a mission critical part of their rigs).

Do plugins meet the need for live use for most people (besides the subset that are using a laptop as a mission critical part of their rigs).
Not so much

I can only assume it'll be like the GGD / Mikko2 approach where you can dial in your IR in their plugin and then export it (or just blindly export a bunch of presets if thats the way you want to go).

I guess if you were really anti DAW/plugin inclined then its more of a pain to do it this way than to dump a batch of IRs on your device and endlessly scroll through them directly on board (I get it).

Something like CabLab goes the extra step of not being modeller/ir loader friendly by not allowing IR export, so you'd have to do some extra steps to get IRs out of there. The reality is noone can be bothered so Im sure CabLab stuff is only used by Fractal owners or plugin enthusiasts (I'm sure that was their intention).

As long as you can easily export stuff from whatever Ownhammer is working on then its totally useful for all modellers/everything, but if its locked down then that would be.... "interesting"....

He hasn't really revealed much about how it will work. I'm really hoping there will be a way to export to wav files, otherwise it will really only be useful for recording and will limit the user base quite a bit.

Back