Ownhammer Discontinued

Yeah the classic old stuff like GNR pack and Heavy Hitters will go away.

I downloaded everything in 48k last night to archive. Just in case.

Gnr packs are awesome
Actually, all of the mmmc ones are great.
I haven't bonded with either the essentials or the rockbox ones as much as the mmmc.
Although the essentials does include the evolution stuff

Apparently they are being ported over to proprietary partner formats

I just read their email, hmmmm. Interesting to see what they do. Conceptually IRs are at their most flexible for all applications as wav files (modellers, ir loaders, daws, straight into guitar plugins). Hopefully whatever they do will be a good step for the end user. I already hate the thought of buying a pack in some format and then exporting as wavs (if they even allow exporting in what they move to)

There’s good and bad ways they can do this, just hoping they make it a good step forward and not a proprietary loader or something.

I just read their email, hmmmm. Interesting to see what they do. Conceptually IRs are at their most flexible for all applications as wav files (modellers, ir loaders, daws, straight into guitar plugins). Hopefully whatever they do will be a good step for the end user. I already hate the thought of buying a pack in some format and then exporting as wavs (if they even allow exporting in what they move to)

There’s good and bad ways they can do this, just hoping they make it a good step forward and not a proprietary loader or something.
From previous messages I have read from Kevin, I think he will make different formats for different vendors so the packs will not be available unless you have that software package. By removing the wav option it will force people to buy the software.

From previous messages I have read from Kevin, I think he will make different formats for different vendors so the packs will not be available unless you have that software package. By removing the wav option it will force people to buy the software.

What other software packages are there out there that they could contribute to? Wall of sound is the only one I can think of.
If ownhammer stuff is only available via 3rd party software solutions that’s different. Oh well, fan of the OH stuff see where it all lands.

What other software packages are there out there that they could contribute to? Wall of sound is the only one I can think of.
If ownhammer stuff is only available via 3rd party software solutions that’s different. Oh well, fan of the OH stuff see where it all lands.
This was relayed by Kevin previously:

"I appreciate the opportunity to address this topic, so thanks for mentioning something of the sort to allow for it!

Truth be told, I have been actively working on software stuff for about two and a half years now. It's definitely taken longer than I expected to roll out, but it's largely because of the extremely high standard being set for every microscopic piece of what is going on underneath. Lots of cool things coming in this area, multiple elements of multiple products coming out that haven't been done before, with a list of even more haven't-been-done-before's lined up for down the road in scaled up projects that I hope get their day (as they are rather ambitious). Some very talented people involved behind the scenes in this that I'm very happy and proud to be working with.

The small amount of IR libraries I am releasing now that will be spared in the upcoming cull are serving several functions that will be part of a larger ecosystem and systematic implementation over time, where products that are aimed at guitarists using them in 3rd party hardware guitar products are simply laid out, with guitarist friendly components, and are quick and intuitive to flip through. The vast, vast majority of what will be offered here will only be made available through platforms with account restricted licensing systems, and the new Rock-Box libraries made available on the OwnHammer site are more or less a light appetizer in the greater scheme of things. On the other side of that spectrum, products that are intended for computer based recording environments which are more verbosely featured will be where the software products come in, where the UI is doing most of the heavy lifting in sifting through massive amounts of embedded data and options provided to the user. Not only is this two-headed approach the most efficient use of the data against the target platforms, in my experience over the last almost fifteen years it also appeals to the majority user types in each segment. There will be outliers, of course, but, you can't please everyone and at this point in time I'm accepting of that.

To this end, there isn't much more coming in standalone IR libraries in wave audio format. Just enough to have a small presence when the operation massively switches gears and platforms in the hopefully not too (much more) distant future. These new releases more than anything are a sign of things being very near to change, less about them staying the same!"

Really interested to see what Kevin has up his sleeve. OH stuff is fantastic. Just hope it's going to allow for compatibility with all the various devices out there. It would be really cool to have a plugin like the OX Box cab sims, which is dead simple but sounds really good.

Interesting, sounds like some new attempt at an all in one IR licensing platform that he’s going to be a part of

From my perspective, the only thing missing for me is the speaker GUI. I could use OH exclusively.
I was really hoping that was the direction he was going, where you could import previously purchased sets and it would automatically make a movable microphone setup.
Regardless, I wish him continued success whichever direction he has chosen.

From my perspective, the only thing missing for me is the speaker GUI. I could use OH exclusively.
I was really hoping that was the direction he was going, where you could import previously purchased sets and it would automatically make a movable microphone setup.
Regardless, I wish him continued success whichever direction he has chosen.
I don't think you can do it like that. There's not enough IRs to cover it and there might not be any straightforward positioning continuity with them.

I'm all for movable mic cabs though, but that really needs a standard format so everyone isn't doing their own thing that is incompatible with everything else.

I don't think you can do it like that. There's not enough IRs to cover it and there might not be any straightforward positioning continuity with them.

I'm all for movable mic cabs though, but that really needs a standard format so everyone isn't doing their own thing that is incompatible with everything else.
Ya, understood, it all depends on how he recorded them. Regardless, I'm not fussy. Any draggable slider from near to far with the option to mix and change mics would be appreciated. Single clicking IR files is mind numbing when fumbling through hundreds of thousands of IRs.

Same. The GNR MMMC pack is great.

I like the 412 RECT Essentials. Don't have any Rock Box at this point, but I'll get some eventually since those are being carried forward into the whatever new looks like.

Does anyone have the ORNG essentials?
I have the ORNG M25 V30 H75 212 and 412 but when someone says 'sale'

Last edited:
Every time I see this, my brain says: "Heavy Hitler".
giphy.gif

Interesting, sounds like some new attempt at an all in one IR licensing platform that he’s going to be a part of
Good for business, a little rougher for the consumer, but I get it.

Having said that Ownhammer are by far my favorite IRs out there. Most of my current recordings are an ownhammer IR on one side and one of my own IRs on the other. Makes a killer blend.

Back