OD pedal redundancy. What do I still "need"?

Here's what I got:
MXR Sugar Drive (Klon-ish)
JRR OD 1.3 (OCD clone)
Caline Pure Sky (Timmy-ish?)
Mesa Grid Slammer (TS I think?)
Mesa Dynaplex (MIAB; not sure what it is actually based on?)

I am looking at a Waza Blues Driver still. How redundant is this list? I know I am missing a fuzz still. Might look at a Rat variant as those can cover some fuzziness as well as straight up distortion? These are split out on a couple boards right now. I like to stack but my mentality is more stacking on top of amp drive versus using them stacked on each other.

SD Pickup Booster. OG preferably

Rats are awesome and super versatile. And you’ve already mentioned one 4 times in this thread.

Don’t worry about boutique, just go find a used ProCo Rat 2 for $50 and start from there. It’s worth it.

Another good flavor worth checking out is the Zendrive and its variants. They’re really nice for smooth lead playing

Rats are awesome and super versatile. And you’ve already mentioned one 4 times in this thread.

Don’t worry about boutique, just go find a used ProCo Rat 2 for $50 and start from there. It’s worth it.

Another good flavor worth checking out is the Zendrive and its variants. They’re really nice for smooth lead playing
Is the ProCo 2 a good call? I don't mind boutique; I don't mind pedestrian if it sounds good.

Here's what I got:
MXR Sugar Drive (Klon-ish)
JRR OD 1.3 (OCD clone)
Caline Pure Sky (Timmy-ish?)
Mesa Grid Slammer (TS I think?)
Mesa Dynaplex (MIAB; not sure what it is actually based on?)

I am looking at a Waza Blues Driver still. How redundant is this list? I know I am missing a fuzz still. Might look at a Rat variant as those can cover some fuzziness as well as straight up distortion? These are split out on a couple boards right now. I like to stack but my mentality is more stacking on top of amp drive versus using them stacked on each other.
I think you need more science and proof or something to make me believe that those pedals actually do anything... ;)

The oddest thing of all is HOW emotional the debunkers can get when their debunking is not adopted
as absolute truth and universally applicable fact. Hello, irony!! :LOL:
trick disappear GIF by Discovery Europe

I want to know the input impedance on the Dirty Tree.

The Fortin Blade is 4m. As a clean boost it is my favorite, period.

Last edited:
Is the ProCo 2 a good call? I don't mind boutique; I don't mind pedestrian if it sounds good.

I think it’s great. If you find you don’t like Rats you’re not out anything, if you find you like it but wish something about it was a little different then you can start looking into boutique versions, if you like it how it is then you’ve got a great pedal that cost you less than a boutique version.

The blade or dirty tree? I did not like the dirty tree. However the blade is wonderful
I actually like the dirty tree in front of a bass amp just for recording. I never tried the Blade, though I swear I have every other Fortin pedal ever made lol.. so Blade is good?

I actually like the dirty tree in front of a bass amp just for recording. I never tried the Blade, though I swear I have every other Fortin pedal ever made lol.. so Blade is good?
It's my favorite of the Fortin line. It has a parameter to add more bass in that I think puts it above the rest of the Fortin pedals. It just is more controllable/versatile

Cheap ass Amazon RAT incoming. Has the 308 chip supposedly? It was <$30 shipped so expectations are low. Last RAT I had was another Amazon turd (Mooer Black Secret) and it was ok. I'll upgrade if the bug strikes me enough.

You need the other green pedal :D

Nobels-ODR-1-PlugIn-1.png

I keep thinking about getting one of these. I don't have a TS and I like the clips I've heard of this one.

But I'm trying to stay away from discrete pedals with the goal of only using the FM9. Still, it haunts me.

I really wish Fractal would do it as a drive block.

Back