NGD

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
Am Pro II Strat arrived today :love:

Miami blue is amazing in person, definitely a bit tricky to accurately photograph. Only had about 15 minutes with it oh lunch but very glad to have a strat back in the herd. Setup was great out of the box. Plays and sounds great been missing that sound

91-D6-ABB3-DAC5-48-E3-99-F3-9003-DD50-A0-B0.jpg

BBB3-D36-F-B750-40-B5-B52-D-727-BF00-C5-DEA.jpg

417-CA6-FD-1141-43-D6-B81-D-BDA96-A3-F4-F80.jpg

6-B238-A84-2603-4-CDB-A5-B5-816-F31286-BFC.jpg

Thanks guys! Really digging this thing, been playing the crap out of it. Had a jam with my drummer over the weekend with it, sounded huge through the JVM. It was kind of funny, I've going on about how I want a strat to my band for a while and my drummer was always naysaying me playing anything besides a Les Paul (he doesn't really know gear, but apparently is not a fan of my telecaster), but he was pleasantly surprised

Don't have a gig booked til Nov. 19 but I think I'm gonna keep using this at practice and at that show exclusively to really put it through the paces. Then maybe the LP can re enter the chat

Thanks guys! Really digging this thing, been playing the crap out of it. Had a jam with my drummer over the weekend with it, sounded huge through the JVM. It was kind of funny, I've going on about how I want a strat to my band for a while and my drummer was always naysaying me playing anything besides a Les Paul (he doesn't really know gear, but apparently is not a fan of my telecaster), but he was pleasantly surprised

Don't have a gig booked til Nov. 19 but I think I'm gonna keep using this at practice and at that show exclusively to really put it through the paces. Then maybe the LP can re enter the chat
Drummers that haven't bought anything beyond sticks in 7 years :hmm

Drummers that haven't bought anything beyond sticks in 7 years :hmm

In fairness he did recently drop $700 on a new snare, but yeah straight facts otherwise :rofl

I don't even want to add up what myself and our bassplayer have collectively spent on gear over the last year and a half :nails

In fairness he did recently drop $700 on a new snare, but yeah straight facts otherwise :rofl

I don't even want to add up what myself and our bassplayer have collectively spent on gear over the last year and a half :nails
Seriously; never discount the tele either. I have gotten some RIPPING sounds out the teles I have owned. I know the whole "but it's a country guitar" routine :oops:

Seriously; never discount the tele either. I have gotten some RIPPING sounds out the teles I have owned. I know the whole "but it's a country guitar" routine :oops:

Oh I love the tele don't get me wrong, it rips and the neck and fretboard seem huge so its great for tappy pseudo-mathrock stuff I like to do. I'd love to play it at a show sometime, getting away from the LP can just be tricky lol. I got the LP and the Tele right around the same time in 2020, so the strat has some freshness to it that I can put my #1 aside for a minute.

I think his perception might just be from the few times I've used the tele instead of the LP in practice its been a cursed scenario. Like playing through garbage SS backline amps at an hourly rehearsal spot instead of our usual place, or last time the wiring and jack was falling apart so badly I gerry rigged the wiring to the leads with electric tape to finish the practice

I've since had everything resoldered and an electrosocket jack installed so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. Love a lot of the "vintage correct" stuff about it, but the jack falling out so easily is something that should stay in the past

That sucks! It's weird how we can associate an experience with a piece of gear and get bad vibes from it; whether the piece of gear is directly at fault or not. I need another tele in my life.

Looks great! I was eyeing one of those last year but I didn't like any of the colors so I went with the Ibanez AZ instead.

In my Tele, I put a Chopper T in the bridge and now it's a really interesting combo of a mini humbucker bridge and single coil neck. Super versatile and a different feel than my Ibanez HSS or Strat or PRS or Les Paul.

Looks great! I was eyeing one of those last year but I didn't like any of the colors so I went with the Ibanez AZ instead.

In my Tele, I put a Chopper T in the bridge and now it's a really interesting combo of a mini humbucker bridge and single coil neck. Super versatile and a different feel than my Ibanez HSS or Strat or PRS or Les Paul.

I feel you, when this line first came out I actually really disliked the images I saw of Miami blue, but its just phenomenal in person. I really like seafoam green and daphne blue, and the AV2 line did give me pause, but I already have a vintage style fender, and I wanted something more modern. The miami blue is definitely more of a turquoise color in person, and is really to die for.

I feel you, when this line first came out I actually really disliked the images I saw of Miami blue, but its just phenomenal in person. I really like seafoam green and daphne blue, and the AV2 line did give me pause, but I already have a vintage style fender, and I wanted something more modern. The miami blue is definitely more of a turquoise color in person, and is really to die for.

I really had my heart set out on a lake placid blue with a rosewood board. I ended up with this Ibanez instead, which I do really like. It has some other features like jumbo stainless frets and roasted maple neck and what not. Like you, I've got a vintage style Strat (mine is like a 62 candy apple red with rosewood board). Good complement.

51674980429_fe6439d543_h.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure if I've seen any of the American Pro 2's in person. My local GC basically stopped carrying anything above the $1000 mark, or at least putting anything on the floor.

I really liked the first American Pro series so expect the 2's are killer guitars. I was hunting for a Les Paul and played one of the dual humbucker Teles and it actually beat out all the Les Pauls I was trying.

I really had my heart set out on a lake placid blue with a rosewood board. I ended up with this Ibanez instead, which I do really like. It has some other features like jumbo stainless frets and roasted maple neck and what not. Like you, I've got a vintage style Strat (mine is like a 62 candy apple red with rosewood board). Good complement.

51674980429_fe6439d543_h.jpg

Honestly, I'm not sure if I've seen any of the American Pro 2's in person. My local GC basically stopped carrying anything above the $1000 mark, or at least putting anything on the floor.

I really liked the first American Pro series so expect the 2's are killer guitars. I was hunting for a Les Paul and played one of the dual humbucker Teles and it actually beat out all the Les Pauls I was trying.

Want an AZ so hard right now.