NGD: Epiphone 62 ES-335 Joe Bonamassa Sig

Jarick

Shredder
Pulled the trigger yesterday after having 335 gas on and off for the last few years. I’ve wanted a cherry red 335 forever, but Gibsons keep getting more expensive and Epiphones have always been underwhelming when I play them.

Local shop had this one used even though it’s mint condition. Has the special hard case and COA too which should help hold the value. I traded in some stuff I didn’t want to ship and didn’t get full value of course but it was good enough.

It’s the best Epiphone I’ve played. Very clean fret work, nice finishing everywhere, good quality. It has upgraded Gibson Burstbucker pickups and electronics, so no need to swap. The tuners are upgraded too and are some of the nicest smoothest tuners I’ve used. Graphtech nut too I think. Tremolo also works really well for a little wiggle. So basically it’s a well made Epi with all the upgrades you’d want to do.

Only downside potentially is the laurel fretboard but it’s really dark so no issues there. On some of the newer Epis they can be light brown which is kind of ugly. Also I need to play with pickup heights and I can’t find my wire cutters to trim the strings.

IMG_2276.jpeg

Back