New Peavey 6505 II and Original 92

Can't watch the video atm but I have so many questions...

First of all I guess I didn't realize the 6505 had gone out of production.

Also, I know there was plenty of lore around block letter being "the best" but I thought for all intents and purposes that a 5150/5150II were identical to 6505/6505+ respectively?

So whats the difference between the MKII and the 92? or is the MKII fulfilling the role of the II/+?

Can't watch the video atm but I have so many questions...

First of all I guess I didn't realize the 6505 had gone out of production.

Also, I know there was plenty of lore around block letter being "the best" but I thought for all intents and purposes that a 5150/5150II were identical to 6505/6505+ respectively?

So whats the difference between the MKII and the 92? or is the MKII fulfilling the role of the II/+?

My understanding is the circuit was same, but there was some parts creep (discontinued) over the years that resulted in some slight differences. They apparently went back and examined some of the OG 5150’s they considered the “best” of the bunch, and had new transformers built for the new versions to be closer to the OG’s. I think that’s the reference to ‘92. (Beyond the additional facelift) If there is more to it beyond the new transformers I don’t know.

I think the same applies for the II. (If not they haven’t entirely made it obvious) It’s basically the new + version, but with the new transformers.

Would love to see Peavey discuss them a little more in depth.

I'm always glad to see these amps in production, but unfortunate timing for Peavey as the 6505's have dropped down to $700-$800 range in the last couple months. I love them, but I burned myself out on Peavey heads.

Haha! Then you get all tired of being angry and go all Dumble ODS in ya 50s. :LOL:
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I'm always glad to see these amps in production, but unfortunate timing for Peavey as the 6505's have dropped down to $700-$800 range in the last couple months. I love them, but I burned myself out on Peavey heads.

Yeah people forget these were basically not being produced for near 18 months. Great to have them back and closer to OG spec. I’ve always wanted to own one, (Have owned 5153’s) but I’m not inclined to bite atm. Ask me again tomorrow. lol

Welp, this demo sucks and just lazy.
Can't they fly in a shill that can play guitar and "just happen to be there"?

I’m surprised Peavey didn’t release a formal video, or coordinate some larger YT campaign with the usual suspects.

Granted, it’s a 30yo amp, I think we know what a 5150 sounds like. :ROFLMAO:

5150III or this 6505II any real difference ??
isn't this somewhat of a EVH copy ?

5150III or this 6505II any real difference ??
isn't this somewhat of a EVH copy ?
This is supposed to be as close as possible to the original 5150 and 5150 II, down to the transformer specs.
The Fender EVH 5150’s are different amps altogether, even if there’s a lot of tonal overlap.

Back