New NeuralDSP plugin teaser [Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ suite]

but those tones have already available pretty much else for years now.

NDSP alone has multiple plugin options covering these series of amps.
I could take the Plini, Nolly, Petrucci, Soldano SLO, or probably this one and it would already do about 95% of what I would want. Good cleans and mid-to-high gain overdrive.

Having plugin versions of all kinds of amps is fun but certainly not by any means necessary.

Oh well, I'm really glad someone bought the Petrucci plugin from me yesterday., just in time before the "full" IIC plugin came out today. I guess the market value of the Petrucci plugin just dropped quite a bit. ;-)

I bought Petrucci because it was a decent sounding Mark sim (I'm not exactly a fan of DT or JP), so I imagine this will replace it largely for me. That said, it does have his own cabs mic'd by his own engineer, FX based on his stuff, presets made by him, presets from guys like Andy Sneap/Ben Grosse who don't really do that kind of thing often. There'll certainly be some crossover, but I think fans of Petrucci would still want access to that kind of stuff and it seems a valid product to me.

Ultimately, the IIC+ is an amp I'm never going to own and its a perfect candidate to use in a plugin format. If Mesa are on board too, its even better. Its fun to complain but really, how fucking lucky are we to have so many options available that relatively speaking, cost nothing. and we are even blessed to be able to pick emulations for a number of companies.

Still getting 404's atm so cant try this yet...

So like QC owners people could currently make a copy of whatever settings they come up with during the free trial period at no cost with any of the NDSP plugins using the Tonex platform, correct?

Given that someone is comfortable with a snapshot of a digital emulation.

So like QC owners people could currently make a copy of whatever settings they come up with during the free trial period at no cost with any of the NDSP plugins using the Tonex platform, correct?

True but I honestly was underwhelmed by every single plugin capture I found on the Cloud, and the ones I tried to make myself came out even worse.

Just went through the manual, and somethinig immediately jumped at me. It's subtle, but see if you can spot any patterns here.

Screenshot from 2023-03-01 16-33-16.png

Archetype_Gojira_-_Time_Effects_-_image.png

Nolly_-_Time_Effects.png

Plini_-_Time_Effects.png

f-Post-Section.png

Tim-Henson---Delay.jpg

Cory-Wong---delay.png

jp-post-fx.png

Fortin---Time-Effects.png

z-Soldano---Time-Effects.jpg

I wonder how many times the exact same FX algorithms were repackaged across plugin suites.

Absolutely. There have been plenty of NeuralDSP plugin captures on QC. It's a bit silly but one way to do it in absense of better options.

I guess it's a weird form of digital piracy in a way.

Just went through the manual, and somethinig immediately jumped at me. It's subtle, but see if you can spot any patterns here.

View attachment 4637

Nolly_-_Time_Effects.png

Plini_-_Time_Effects.png

f-Post-Section.png

Tim-Henson---Delay.jpg

Cory-Wong---delay.png

jp-post-fx.png

I wonder how many times the exact same FX algorithms were repackaged across plugin suites.
It would certainly be an interesting comparison to see if they are just reskinned versions of the same fx. Would not be surprised.

Ultimately, the IIC+ is an amp I'm never going to own and its a perfect candidate to use in a plugin format. If Mesa are on board too, its even better. Its fun to complain but really, how f*****g lucky are we to have so many options available that relatively speaking, cost nothing. and we are even blessed to be able to pick emulations for a number of companies.

Interestingly enough, IK Multimedia ALSO has an official Mesa/Boogie IIC+ sim in their "Mesa Boogie 2" suite and they're still selling it.

I would've thought any of these "official" deals would have some sort of exclusivity applied, but apparently not?

Even more interesting, the IK Multimedia suite (which also includes a Triple Crown, Mark V and California Tweed) is just $30 right now.....

True but I honestly was underwhelmed by every single plugin capture I found on the Cloud, and the ones I tried to make myself came out even worse.
I’m not into that strategy, but I wonder how that’s going to start impacting things going forward in this domain.

It would certainly be an interesting comparison to see if they are just reskinned versions of the same fx. Would not be surprised.

I'm willing to bet money on it. Most of those share the exact same controls/functionality - hell, they share the exact same UI layout, with only graphics being changed. It certainly looks like NDSP has 2/3 variants per FX type they mix & match across plugins.

The Mesa plugin has the exact same reverb+delay stack as Archetype Cory Wong, which is kinda funny when you think of it.

Last edited:
I could take the Plini, Nolly, Petrucci, Soldano SLO, or probably this one and it would already do about 95% of what I would want. Good cleans and mid-to-high gain overdrive.

Having plugin versions of all kinds of amps is fun but certainly not by any means necessary.

Love Plini. Soldano is good for the one heavy rock tone. Thinking of adding Nolly at some point for the Marshall but I need to spend more time with the Cali first.

Oh hey they misspelled "Presence":

mesa-amps-back.png

It does suck. And it isn't surprising.

Although, the next step in fulfilling the doomsday prophecies would have NDSP finally adding plugin support to QC, so they can charge guys like me for the content I was supposed to have gotten for free. Which some folks would consider a mixed blessing, at least?

This move definitely makes it look like that’s their business plan for monetizing. Makes me think they might actually be working hard on plug-in support in QC so they can tap into that.

It’s a smart business move. Basically a way to have QC users pay for additional content they want

View attachment 4637

Nolly_-_Time_Effects.png

Plini_-_Time_Effects.png

f-Post-Section.png

Tim-Henson---Delay.jpg

Cory-Wong---delay.png

jp-post-fx.png

I’ve always just assumed they’re the same effects with new skins. Actually I would be shocked if they’re not

Not gonna lie, Rabea's clean demo sounds pretty dang good. I'm going to DL the demo and see how it compares to the others I have.

Ope, demo link doesn't work from their website.

got it installed, already liking it way more that AT5’s IIC+.

Nice to have the 2 versions, and also liking the cab options (2003 and 2004 V30’s in both 4x12 and 2x12’s). Guessing they’re Nolly’s IR’s and POSSIBLY in QC already (I don’t have one and haven’t checked).

Compared to a real amp, using a mouse is definitely a bit shit for dialling these in. Sort of wish the back panel wasn’t hidden because the presence has a big effect on these amps (going to map it to a MIDI controller anyway so not a big deal). I’m not someone who’s obsessed by the IIC+ specifically, it’s a cool sound but no more or less valid than any other Mark.

No complaints here, will try and do some clips soon

Post ToneX, with an endless ever-growing library of tones, and wait does it even include Amplitube5?, why would anyone ever consider spending a hundred bucks or more for a handful of tones .. maybe half that during a sale ..As an owner of five of their plugs, bargain has never been a word I associate w ndsp.
It's that Mesa Kool-Aid talking!
christmas love GIF by Kool Aid

I don’t know why, but @JiveTurkey you always cheer me up!

Meanwhile I have to say, as cool as the plugs are, and sometimes fun to revisit, their limitations, the signal chain, etc. means that for actual work you end-up sidestepping a lot of their features because they’re not customizable. Hence me way back in to the Kemper and amps and pedals. Whatever they’re cool and sound pretty good but there’s something about how the company is sort of adversarial with so many of our peers on these forums, their customers, who basically supported them as if they’re a beta project. And then they seem to forget about that once they have your money.

Back