New NeuralDSP plugin teaser [Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ suite]

giphy.gif

It's self explanatory.
The IIC+ to IV Mark amps are super versatile if they actually modeled everything, whether the Archetype Petrucci looks like a capture with a tonestack on top, like all their previous Archetype releases.

You think people were buying the Petrucci plugin because it has his name over it?
Well now you get a far better IIC+ that puts whatever it is in the Petrucci plugin to shame at least in terms of versatility.
The name of the player on the plugin is surely an important factor. I don't think many would be that interested if it didn't say Petrucci on it, for the same reasons people are going to be interested in buying a Mark IIC+ plugin because it looks like the amp and says it models it.

I like Petrucci's playing and tone but I don't really care too much about the Mark IIC (never played a real one, just the IV and V) so I would be probably more likely to buy to buy the Petrucci plugin. I tried it when it was released and got really good tones out of it.

The name of the player on the plugin is surely an important factor. I don't think many would be that interested if it didn't say Petrucci on it...
I only learned of it because of seeing his video demo for it on his web site. I suppose I eventually would've found out, due to being on a couple forums, but yeah. I didn't buy it because it has his name on it. But I did buy it because it's his tones (and it was on sale.)

newest teaser looks like a mesa cab as well. Blue LED which hopefully means its a suite of Mark series amps rather than just one.

I'm a very happy Neural customer (I don't have a QC or have any interest in one), so I'm excited to see what's coming.

If Mesa are on board officially here, I wonder if they would have supplied any particular amps and cabs to model.

Neural tend to keep this stuff quite simple but it would be really cool if there is some older halfback cabs, combos, as well as newer 4x12’s included.

Honestly I don't even like the Mesa Mark series all that much because they are a pain in the ass to dial in compared to other amps, and they don't do the Marshall crunch thing very well. I bought the Petrucci plugin mostly because I really liked the effects and pitch transpose feature, and the amps were okay.

If Mesa are on board officially here, I wonder if they would have supplied any particular amps and cabs to model.

Neural tend to keep this stuff quite simple but it would be really cool if there is some older halfback cabs, combos, as well as newer 4x12’s included.
I doubt Mesa/Gibson are on board
They did do some stuff with IK
But I doubt Neural asked permission they strike me as the we will deal with it later kind of attitude
Although Mikko plug in look exactly like the Marks so maybe they don’t care or Neural is using some shady loophole

But I doubt Neural asked permission they strike me as the we will deal with it later kind of attitude
Although Mikko plug in look exactly like the Marks so maybe they don’t care or Neural is using some shady loophole

I'm sure Neural will license the brand/likeness just like they did for Soldano. And Mesa had licensed with IK before so it's nothing new for them either.

basically all the plugin amps Neural have done are either officially licenced (Fortin/Omega/Soldano) or they’re Archetype’s that are signed off by whoever they’re doing it for. With cabs they’re a bit more vague, but they actually seem to have quite a good track record for licensing the brands (and that if that “leak” photo is genuine then it looks like it’s in partnership with Mesa/Gibson).

Plenty of companies who licence stuff without exclusivity (or with exclusivity that expires). IK used to have it with Ampeg but it got taken away/expired.

Back