New NeuralDSP plugin teaser [Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ suite]

I prefer fingerless gloves over popped collars, though.
Ill Allow It GIF

I own 4 Neural plugs. Got them all at various half-off sales while in the QC preorder queue or in the immediate aftermath of the launch. (Back when soon meant soon) They all sound really good, and I agree that the artist presets really make them foolproof. Still use them when recording.

At this point I struggle to see a scenario I’d buy one. One, overlap. Two, they need a plug-in suite to mix and match plug amps and effects. Three, it’s Neural. Would need to be Archetype Corgan or something for me.

Neural is def making a pivot with these plugs, by including signature effects with each of the newer ones. In theory the more plugs they release, the less attractive a new plug becomes to users just based on overlap. (Unless they are growing new users faster than existing users are deciding to pump the brakes) This is why I think they are really focusing on including a signature effect for many of the new ones. Amp tones are increasingly less of a differentiator.

Jobu, I beg of you, please make this a Mark series amp

I have to say it again, if it is a Mark IIC+ amp, this is a gigantic f**k you to all Archetype Petrucci owners.
How so? The Petrucci plugin does a lot and sounds pretty great so I don't see why someone who bought it would be disappointed because a IIC+ plugin is coming out.

How so? The Petrucci plugin does a lot and sounds pretty great so I don't see why someone who bought it would be disappointed because a IIC+ plugin is coming out.

It's self explanatory.
The IIC+ to IV Mark amps are super versatile if they actually modeled everything, whether the Archetype Petrucci looks like a capture with a tonestack on top, like all their previous Archetype releases.

You think people were buying the Petrucci plugin because it has his name over it?
Well now you get a far better IIC+ that puts whatever it is in the Petrucci plugin to shame at least in terms of versatility.

It's self explanatory.
The IIC+ to IV Mark amps are super versatile if they actually modeled everything, whether the Archetype Petrucci looks like a capture with a tonestack on top, like all their previous Archetype releases.

You think people were buying the Petrucci plugin because it has his name over it?
Well now you get a far better IIC+ that puts whatever it is in the Petrucci plugin to shame at least in terms of versatility.

I think the bigger issue would be the optics of removing the IIC+ from the QC launch list only to release it as a plug-in two years later. It was a relatively bad look imo releasing the Petrucci plug before dropping a IIC+ on the QC, but they seemingly repurposed that for the QC eventually.

Who knows if this is actually a Mark series plug, but surely those guys have a little more self awareness.

Who knows if this is actually a Mark series plug, but surely those guys have a little more self awareness.
They don’t care. They have a transactional approach to business.

Though I do agree they shouldn’t remove things they suggested were going to be available on the QC and release the content as plugins first or instead of.

To me Archetype vs specific amp model as a plugin that has crossover with the general tone area of an Archetype is a bit different because expectations were never set.

Back