New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

It was my dry sense of humor at play as I had said the same a few pages back.

Yeah, all fine - but still, I'm genuinely interested in what would be "novel" in general? Pretty much all the bases are covered by one vendor or another, so unless there's a revolution (such as a way to capture your amp with the tone controls staying intact, even if you only grab a handful of snapshot captures... - and yeah, I know it's very unlikely to happen any day, let alone soon) or someone combining existing things in the most elegant manner, I wouldn't happen to know what it could be.

Well, in fact, support for long IRs would check all mentioned boxes. Apart from the discontinued Logidy Epsi there's no hardware unit doing this decently (I know, there's Mod Dwarf and Beebo, both of them introducing a lot of latency), long IRs can become quite some twisted fun and everybody would love to see them in their current HX hardware.

I'll bet it gets announced today. Helix and HX Stomp were both released on a Thursday.

my body is ready GIF

They'll put some modeling inside a new wireless receiver Nux style and make a new pedal like that to replace the one that had the recall.

line 6 talks about chinese companies stealing from them...i hope they dont "steal" the touchscreen layout from fender/headrush/qc...That would be sad.

line 6 talks about chinese companies stealing from them...i hope they dont "steal" the touchscreen layout from fender/headrush/qc...That would be sad.
Lumping the QC into that list is hilariously misguided. The QC UI is basically the Helix UI with a touchscreen. I wouldn’t consider Helix adding a touchscreen *to their own interface* to be stealing anything from the QC.

Line 6 already implemented a touchscreen prior to the other companies.
Correct it was on their stage mixer many years before QC and Headrush and almost was the Helix gui although it was voted down over the joystick for speed and ease of use but they had it ready

Edit it is an interesting thought a “what If”Line 6 had voted to implement the touch screen back in 2015 where would be be now ?

Lumping the QC into that list is hilariously misguided. The QC UI is basically the Helix UI with a touchscreen. I wouldn’t consider Helix adding a touchscreen *to their own interface* to be stealing anything from the QC.
my point is that at this stage in the modeling game there is no STEALING really...its like music as there really arent any wildly unique diff guitar players around...many noodle the same and shred alike...Its like 2024 and i am glad tmp stepped up and released what they did with touch screen and encoder switches because this is forward thinking and others should take note.
If a company takes the stance that they dont want to copy someone elses gui or features then they will lose out. I mean sure qc ripped off the helix look in the gui for sure but they ADDED THE TOUCH SCREEN AAND SWITCHES THAT ARE KNOBS...ENGENIUS....And fender ripped off qc touchscreen and knob switches as well....so what? They work.
Fractal and line6 need to step up and follow suit but IMPROVE UPON THESE things to stay relavant. Sure they each have thier diehard fans but the encoder knobs on the switches is AMAZING use of landscape on a floor unit.

Look at boss gx100 interface compared to the flagship gt1000...miles better....and so this is progression and i expect the next gt2000 to have this touch screen on it. I look at the ampx whole interface and its poor and so 1990 looking yet they want 2k for it? no thanx...

So I've checked here a few times today hoping there'd be some news about this new Line 6 box. I've come to the realisation that Neural posts another dark 'soon' picture and I immediately switch off.

@Digital Igloo posts this
Next up is a new box (not any replacement for Helix/HX), then new POD Go firmware, then 3.70. Gonna be a busy couple of months.

And I'm filled with

artworks-000043177088-tg1mig-t500x500.jpg

Well played sir. Well played

Yeah, all fine - but still, I'm genuinely interested in what would be "novel" in general? Pretty much all the bases are covered by one vendor or another, so unless there's a revolution (such as a way to capture your amp with the tone controls staying intact, even if you only grab a handful of snapshot captures... - and yeah, I know it's very unlikely to happen any day, let alone soon) or someone combining existing things in the most elegant manner, I wouldn't happen to know what it could be.

Well, in fact, support for long IRs would check all mentioned boxes. Apart from the discontinued Logidy Epsi there's no hardware unit doing this decently (I know, there's Mod Dwarf and Beebo, both of them introducing a lot of latency), long IRs can become quite some twisted fun and everybody would love to see them in their current HX hardware.
For novel I would expect no less that 1 billion nano bots programmed to physically simulate real amp and speakers in real time and physical reality. Not only in looks but actual circuit specifications beyond what is possible today. This would include poweramp and speaker interaction including speaker dynamic excursion and temperature/humidity variables.

Back