New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

200.gif

[…]

Its success means we get to make more products with a similar lack of restraint. By "restraint," I don't mean features or cost (it grants permission to go both über complex and dead simple, both up and down-market)—I mean letting us make the kinds of products we want to make, including one y'all will see very soon... that has nothing to do with power amps.

Since it's not poweramp related, how about looking at the other end of the chain? Maybe it's a Variax in a box. Instead of all the crap inside a guitar, it's an external box that either works with any guitar or needs some specialty pickup.

Including an array of different bridge PUs containing all the hex business so you don't have to turn your nice looking guitar into something that might've looked futuristic 30 years ago but wasn't exactly aging all too well (yes, GK, looking at you!).
I'd still prefer if it was L6's take on guitar synthesis - but I absolutely doubt that.

Since it's not poweramp related, how about looking at the other end of the chain? Maybe it's a Variax in a box. Instead of all the crap inside a guitar, it's an external box that either works with any guitar or needs some specialty pickup.
Literally the one thing I want! Love my Variax, but I want a fresh new take that works with any guitar...

(My entry in the speculation game: There is no new product; they're crowd-sourcing market research by throwing prompts at us as if we're collectively some sort of generative AI.)

by the time a new line 6 thing comes out in 2024 sometime it wont make an impact like the helix did.I mean how much better can modeling really get now that captures are huge on units and every amp under the sun will be avail.

I don't in any way think this is what it will be ...... but if I were L6 ....... I'd release a small Capture Box .... perhaps based on NAM to save them the R&D costs of developing their own AI capturing ... but I think the chance of this is less than zero.

Ben

I don't in any way think this is what it will be ...... but if I were L6 ....... I'd release a small Capture Box .... perhaps based on NAM to save them the R&D costs of developing their own AI capturing ... but I think the chance of this is less than zero.

Ben
I mean, not a novel idea.

Still not sure about this 'fun twist' thing.
It might be the killer feature and DI is saying it like it's not a big deal.

"Oh btw, now we do captures, not our main focus, but just a small little thing we wanted to add to our new Chorus pedal."

Back