New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

I linked it above. DI gave it a hard, specific date. Suspiciously specific in retrospect…
To be fair, Lucky said on April 11, 2022, that he was certain a new flagship would arrive within 18 months. October 12, 2023, was just 18 months from the day the bet was made.

but a boy can dream

To be fair, Lucky said on April 11, 2022, that he was certain a new flagship would arrive within 18 months. October 12, 2023, was just 18 months from the day the bet was made.

but a boy can dream

Reading further in the thread, though, DI and lucky agreed on a date of January 1, 2024…:confused:

Wasn't there something about "definitely not next year, and probably not the year after that", if I recall correctly?

Which would imply 2026 the earliest.
Nope - end of 2023 was the last definite date that it *wouldn't* happen by.

However, this may differ from the actual terms of the bet!

Screenshot_20231021-132709.png

Being a bit of a "sh$t stirrer" with this but I have always found this amusing:-

=> it is %100 clear that the HX Platform and eco system is now very-long term ...we may not *ever* see a Helix 2

however

=> that does not mean that we wont at some stage maybe see a whole "new top Tier Platform" based and built on a whole new more advanced platform and architecture ..... and there's no reason that both could not co-exist

Do I think this might happen ? No ? Maybe ? Could ? Possible ?

Two things we %100 know for sure ..... (a) only L6 know and (b) up until the day before any new flagship is possibly rereleased, Helix will continue to be touted as having years of life left in it.

As someone once said ..... its called the "Music Business" for a reason.

Ben

Being a bit of a "sh$t stirrer" with this but I have always found this amusing:-

=> it is %100 clear that the HX Platform and eco system is now very-long term ...we may not *ever* see a Helix 2

however

=> that does not mean that we wont at some stage maybe see a whole "new top Tier Platform" based and built on a whole new more advanced platform and architecture ..... and there's no reason that both could not co-exist

Do I think this might happen ? No ? Maybe ? Could ? Possible ?

Two things we %100 know for sure ..... (a) only L6 know and (b) up until the day before any new flagship is possibly rereleased, Helix will continue to be touted as having years of life left in it.

As someone once said ..... its called the "Music Business" for a reason.

Ben
That would be the same thing as a "Helix successor" which is what the bet was about. Even when a new thing launches, Line6 will most likely sell the older Helix platform while stocks last, maybe even provide a few more firmware updates for it. This is similar to how Fractal has handled the shift between generations, e.g Axe-Fx 2 got some updates to include some Axe-Fx 3 features.

We will however be running into a problem where the current thing is already really good. It was easy to recommend people to buy a FM3 or Helix over older POD products or Axe-Fx 2 because those newer products sound better and are much easier to use. It remains to be seen if the next generation sees the same thing because we are already spoiled for great sounding products.

We will however be running into a problem where the current thing is already really good. It was easy to recommend people to buy a FM3 or Helix over older POD products or Axe-Fx 2 because those newer products sound better and are much easier to use. It remains to be seen if the next generation sees the same thing because we are already spoiled for great sounding products.

Yep ... if you were to graph the trend of the last 3 - 5 years. it would be and inverse exponential curve and we are very much on the very flat bit on the very far right hand side ie: massive investments in hardware power and algorithm coding required in order to provide very little to no audible benefits relative to what is currently [2023] available.

Ben

My guess, since DI said it’s a product not targeting this forum, is that L6 will put out a product for gamers/streamers. Rode, Logitech, and others have several units targeting this market, which seems financially lucrative.

I linked it above. DI gave it a hard, specific date. Suspiciously specific in retrospect…
I would love to read that thread but ya know the whole I am banned creates a bit of a problem 🤔

Was Timbuck2 not in that bet to for $100 . I swear I recall him saying Helix 2 in every second thread and DI said ok let’s make a bet

Back