New Line 6 product speculation thread [disclosure: HX One]

Where's the leak?
if we are already at the shitposting-phase I have some morning coffee to let out
_e7f0df8e-73d9-4975-bde7-854b2d2c5cb8.jpeg

I think a small practice amp is a good guess. The fun twist is probably just some interesting feature on it that may or may not be something that can come to helix (morphing two amp models together or something maybe).

D

I think a small practice amp is a good guess. The fun twist is probably just some interesting feature on it that may or may not be something that can come to helix (morphing two amp models together or something maybe).

D
Possible, but I'd bet it's not an amp. Imho, the term "box" would imply we're talking about some kind of FX pedal, maybe a power amp or amp head, rather than a combo.

But: I could be wrong.

I think a small practice amp is a good guess.

Nah, don't think that'll be it. They have that market covered with the Spider line, which i understand sells really well too.

I imagine it will be some sort of power amp solution, as a few have already suggested. That's about the only thing Line 6 doesn't have a hardware solution for today.

Last edited:
I cant remember who it was that said "Pod Go Mini" but my guess is similar.

I am calling PG Stomp. 3 button Pod Go with no expression pedal and ALL fixed blocks. 199 MSRP.

Yeah but what would be in it that people would want ported to the Helix? Seems whatever it is will have some feature or software component that people who own the mothership would want. Per the clue DI dropped…

Search Spying GIF by Zella Day

Last edited:
Nah, don't think that'll be it. They have that market covered with the Spider line, which i understand sells really well too.

I imagine it will be some sort of power amp solution, as a few have already suggested. That's about the only thing Line 6 doesn't have a hardware solution for today.
I don't think so. They have Spiders, and they have Powercabs. With all the large and small power amp options out there, they'd be just jumping into a crowded pool, and also saying, "instead of using a Powercab, you should use our power amp with someone else's cab", and that's not how they roll.

Also, you can't "port" that to Helix, unless that part was total B.S.

Fair enough, I’ll change my guess…

A dead simple amp and cab only box with limited options aimed at people who just want a simple direct solution. The fun twist is the ability to morph two models together into one.

D

Yeah but what would be in it that people would want ported to the Helix? Seems whatever it is will have some feature or software component that people who own the mothership would want. Per the clue DI dropped…

Good point. I didnt remember that part.

It's a feature that is cool to use on the device, enough for people on Helix to want that feature. I don't think it's necessary e.g some sound feature, fx model etc but might be just a usability thing.

Back