New Kerry King tune.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist

:unsure: :idk:unsure:

Great lineup. Other than the Hellyeah bassist (who might actually be good but I am a hard Hellno on Hellyeah across the board). Mark Oseguda on vocals is a GREAT addition. I think it's a better choice than Phil for this; certainly. I've never been big on Kerry King because the whole Kerry King thing. But I'l give it more of a shot when he puts out more tracks.

[…] Love Mudvayne.
Steve Carell Ew GIF by Focus Features

It sounds like Slayer because it is Slayer- this is one of 4 tracks written during the Repentless sessions that didn’t make the album. It’s not bad but it’s not particularly good either.

I have always been about Lombardo with Slayer. Bostaph is a phenomenal drummer but Slayers riffs are too dumb for his skillset.

Great lineup. Other than the Hellyeah bassist (who might actually be good but I am a hard Hellno on Hellyeah across the board). Mark Oseguda on vocals is a GREAT addition. I think it's a better choice than Phil for this; certainly. I've never been big on Kerry King because the whole Kerry King thing. But I'l give it more of a shot when he puts out more tracks.

FWIW, Hellyeah bassist also = Troy from Mastodon’s brother.

Second time listening and I can't help but feel it is a remash of Slayer riffs. And not a great one.

Oh, I do dig some of the Hellyeah tu es but not all of them.

Love Mudvayne.

I’m a HUGE Mudvayne and Pantera fan…..there might be 1-3 Hellyeah songs I don’t hate. :rofl

I felt a little "oh, god, is that Dave Mustaine?!?!" fear creeping in on verse vocals, but the rest made up for those moments of :nails

Drums were great. Riffage all seemed...like it was struggling to keep up?

It sounds like Slayer because it is Slayer- this is one of 4 tracks written during the Repentless sessions that didn’t make the album. It’s not bad but it’s not particularly good either.
Hah ok - so he's able to release it as a "Kerry King song"?

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

Beats me- it’s his description of the situation so who knows the real story. Maybe he brought the song idea but the group didn’t gel with it

Beats me- it’s his description of the situation so who knows the real story. Maybe he brought the song idea but the group didn’t gel with it
I'm sure there was plenty of legal and ethical analysis put into whether or not he should use the song for his solo project....

He was the sole songwriter these past years so he probably just grabbed all the leftovers he could to start this new thing. No ones going to go "hey you remember that thing that Tom yelled the unfinished lyrics over that everyone fell asleep to? We're going to have to talk this over before you take it" :ROFLMAO:

He was the sole songwriter these past years so he probably just grabbed all the leftovers he could to start this new thing.
Oh was he? I stopped listening after the 90s - Divine Intervention was their last good album IMO - that one has some killer riffs.

Oh was he? I stopped listening after the 90s - Divine Intervention was their last good album IMO - that one has some killer riffs.
Just did a quick fact check on myself. From wikipedia; it looks like a good split between King and Hanneman. Until Repentless. However wrong or right that is overall. The last song I really dug on was Gemini from that covers record. There is some good stuff here and there but it's just tough to beat that original run of albums up to Seasons.

Back