New Kerry King tune.

Agreed 100%. I liked Bostaph in Slayer though and he was awesome on Exodus’s Shovel Headed Kill Machine and Testament’s Formation of Damnation.

Agreed 100%. I liked Bostaph in Slayer though and he was awesome on Exodus’s Shovel Headed Kill Machine and Testament’s Formation of Damnation.
Duh! I forgot his time in Testament :facepalm He KILLED with them \m/

:unsure: :idk:unsure:

Great lineup. Other than the Hellyeah bassist (who might actually be good but I am a hard Hellno on Hellyeah across the board). Mark Oseguda on vocals is a GREAT addition. I think it's a better choice than Phil for this; certainly. I've never been big on Kerry King because the whole Kerry King thing. But I'l give it more of a shot when he puts out more tracks.

What do you have against Hellyeah, or is it just don't care for the music?

Have you ever listened to Hellyeah? :bag If so; there's your answer :ROFLMAO:
Ok, so just the music. Gotcha. Not my cup of tea either, but Tom's a friend of mine, so wanted to make sure I didn't miss some crazy crap cause that's the world we live in now, apparently. 🤣

Ok, so just the music. Gotcha. Not my cup of tea either, but Tom's a friend of mine, so wanted to make sure I didn't miss some crazy crap cause that's the world we live in now, apparently. 🤣
Tom who? Nothingface dude? I liked Chad in Mudvayne and Vinnie obviously in his previous band. But Hellyeah was just a whole lot of things I don't like wrapped into one gross package. YMMV and all that as well as I like Limp Bizkit duly noted :cop

Tom who? Nothingface dude? I liked Chad in Mudvayne and Vinnie obviously in his previous band. But Hellyeah was just a whole lot of things I don't like wrapped into one gross package. YMMV and all that as well as I like Limp Bizkit duly noted :cop
Yep, Have Mercy, Nothingface, etc. Great guy - at least he always was - haven't seen him in years now.

Yep, Have Mercy, Nothingface, etc. Great guy - at least he always was - haven't seen him in years now.
Cool. I kinda missed the boat on Nothingface? There were a bunch of bands in that general area stylistically that I liked but never could quite get into them for whatever reason?

Cool. I kinda missed the boat on Nothingface? There were a bunch of bands in that general area stylistically that I liked but never could quite get into them for whatever reason?

I saw Nothingface at the first Slayer I didn’t walk out on, because there was no re-entry and Pantera was headlining. :rofl

I was just never a Slayer fan growing up and it wasn’t until the last decade I even started to enjoy them. Now I have no problems with them, they just aren’t on my “I need to catch up on all this music” the same way Megadeth or Anthrax are. And Testament is before either of those three bands, for me.

That said, I’ve listened to Slayer enough at this point to know I barely give a shit about anything without Lombardo on it.

I saw Nothingface at the first Slayer I didn’t walk out on, because there was no re-entry and Pantera was headlining. :rofl

I was just never a Slayer fan growing up and it wasn’t until the last decade I even started to enjoy them. Now I have no problems with them, they just aren’t on my “I need to catch up on all this music” the same way Megadeth or Anthrax are. And Testament is before either of those three bands, for me.

That said, I’ve listened to Slayer enough at this point to know I barely give a shit about anything without Lombardo on it.
Man; I grew up right in that sweet spot. I LOVED everything up to Seasons. The minute they started tuning down significantly and Tom started YELLING. EVERY. LINE; I was out.

And if you want p!ssed off Marshall tone; you are not going to get any better than Reign In Blood :satan But if it wasn't your time when it was their time; I can totally see not caring if you ever listened to them.

Man; I grew up right in that sweet spot. I LOVED everything up to Seasons. The minute they started tuning down significantly and Tom started YELLING. EVERY. LINE; I was out.

And if you want p!ssed off Marshall tone; you are not going to get any better than Reign In Blood :satan But if it wasn't your time when it was their time; I can totally see not caring if you ever listened to them.

I remember pulling up to practice in one of my last bands, blaring “Disciple”, thinking “Finally those guys will stop giving me shit for not being into Slayer” and as soon as I step out of my car, “When ya gonna listen to the good Slayer, bitch?” :rofl

I remember pulling up to practice in one of my last bands, blaring “Disciple”, thinking “Finally those guys will stop giving me shit for not being into Slayer” and as soon as I step out of my car, “When ya gonna listen to the good Slayer, bitch?” :rofl
Insert "they're not wrong" gif here :sofa :ROFLMAO::grin

I have always been about Lombardo with Slayer. Bostaph is a phenomenal drummer but Slayers riffs are too dumb for his skillset.
Same here JT, Dave Lombardo is awesome, I do like Tom and and Slayer have had some heavy intense killer riffs no doubt
but I could never gel with the cacophonic lead /solo's
Still I love Slayer nonetheless for the other aspects

Sounds like @DrewJD82 has a new song to cover for the Do Something Challenge this week. :rawk

JFC, my first takeaway when listening to the song (not sure I’ve ever even heard it before) was that I should have joined a Slayer tribute band when I was in high school and didn’t know how to play in key yet, but I could play fast and use my whammy bar.

Back