Neural DSP Nano Cortex

I scored 7 excellent captures from the included 20 (not counting the 5 bass amps).
Have all running with the #4 IR which is far and away my favorite.

Was able to super easily edit the four onboard presets to have the #4 IR and one of the
7 amps. And all right on the unit.

captures.jpg

Last edited:
Or aim lower. Either drop the FX (which probably would have made it cheaper) and just have it be a thorough dual capture (series or stereo) + dual cab option. Or, pump the specs up for FX, add an Fx loop, and let users select one algo for each Fx type. (Comp, drive, mod, delay, reverb) If that device is $750, who gives a shit, if that makes it a proper offering?

To me this is caught between being a “product” and “solution”.

Noting this will sell very well and there will be people that find value in its narrow application.
You could make a case for only amp, drive and compressor.

At least the GX-100 is useful. Mediocre to bad tones, but useful.
Yeah. I think the MS-3 is useful too as a good match for the NC.

Anyway, I was just kidding. Given the movements in the segment, with the competition launching new units and updates, Boss is usually static and very lacking regarding updates. But hey... Here they are, adding some amps and effects! :idk

The lack of a drive block or even better yet, a capture block for a drive, is just such a missed opportunity and would make this device much more appealing to me

I read that in order to include a drive block they would have had to remove the headphone jack........

tenor.gif

It' beautiful out, the sun is shining, and we're all up and making each other laugh.

Life is good. :rofl

The lack of a drive block or even better yet, a capture block for a drive, is just such a missed opportunity and would make this device much more appealing to me

Exactly. With a drive of some kinds, each of the 4 directly reachable patches would sort of become 2 patches each. A huge difference in terms of usability.

This is more like giving 100 people apples, when you’re at a pizza pub and everyone ordered thin crust.

judging-scores.gif

Or being at a pizza parlor and ordering a small plain cheese, then bitching about how bare bones and little it is when it gets to your table.

(y)

I scored 7 excellent captures from the included 20 (not counting the 5 bass amps).
Have all running with the #4 IR which is far and away my favorite.

Was able to super easily edit the four onboard presets to have the #4 IR and one of the
7 amps. And all right on the unit.

View attachment 28995
See that’s a pretty solid win
7 out of 20 is great considering most factory presets usually don’t work
Intresting so you did not like the Bogner red or Silver Lead?

Is the cab the Marshall GB25
That was my fav on the QC when I had one that and the Zilla v30

Exactly. With a drive of some kinds, each of the 4 directly reachable patches would sort of become 2 patches each. A huge difference in terms of usability.
I think if they can throw in an 808 choice instead of say the pitch in a future update that would be great

Is the cab the Marshall GB25
That was my fav on the QC when I had one that and the Zilla v30
412 Brit TV GB75Hz ’69 (Marshall® 1960TV® with Celestion® G12M25 drivers)

The Zilla appears to be there as well via the manual

412 Zila Cust V30 ’12 V2 (Zilla® Custom with Celestion® Vintage 30 drivers)

Back