Neural DSP Nano Cortex

judging-scores.gif

Or being at a pizza parlor and ordering a small plain cheese, then bitching about how bare bones and little it is when it gets to your table.

(y)
:rofl Yeah no. This isn’t even a Totinos.

See that’s a pretty solid win
7 out of 20 is great considering most factory presets usually don’t work
Intresting so you did not like the Bogner red or Silver Lead?

Is the cab the Marshall GB25
That was my fav on the QC when I had one that and the Zilla v30

Just to be clear the 7 out of 20 is captures, not presets.
To be honest I paid zero attention to the names and just listened to what sounded good.

I didn't look up the IRs.
Just tried it through my Mackie monitors just now with some decent volume. :oops:
Stopped playing and immediately looked down at the KSR head and Boogie cab thinking why do I have these?

This digital shit is just getting so scary good.
That or my hearing is so shot that I no longer pick up on any negatives.

Speaking of footswitches.

20240921_083701.jpg

I've really grown to like footswitches that are close to the housing edges. At first the Duality seemed too cramped
but you just need to use the edge of your foot and not the whole thing like we're all use to. Love the tap tempo one
being so close to the bottom edge. Nano improves even more on the idea.

The RC is the worst placement out of these. Too damn close to the knobs.

Just to be clear the 7 out of 20 is captures, not presets.
To be honest I paid zero attention to the names and just listened to what sounded good.

Just tried it through my Mackie monitors just now with some decent volume. :oops:
Stopped playing and immediately looked down at the KSR head and Boogie cab thinking why do I have these?

This digital shit is just getting so scary good.
That or my hearing is so shot that I no longer pick up on any negatives.

Speaking of footswitches.

View attachment 29006

I've really grown to like footswitches that are close to the housing edges. At first the Duality seemed too cramped
but you just need to use the edge of your foot and not the whole thing like we're all use to. Love the tap tempo one
being so close to the bottom edge. Nano improves even more on the idea.

The RC is the worst placement out of these. Too damn close to the knobs.
Well, it sure is nano. That's tiny.

Exactly. I have to think many more would have use for a drive block vs a transpose.

Absolutely. If it had a drive block, it'd be something even I could consider (regardless of all the other things I seem to find way less than ideal). I play standard tuning 99.9% of all time, most of the guys I know do so as well - and in case they're serious regarding the tuning malarky, they're using different tuned guitars or maybe a Drop pedal in order to not having to compromise their otherwise perfectly working modeling patches.

I play standard tuning 99.9% of all time.

100% here and DEFINITELY AGREE the transpose block could have been much better used.
To be honest, after hearing the high gain options it has I never once thought about needing
to add an OD in front. The gate is a must though so I'm glad they added that.

Personally I'd have used the transpose block for chorus instead of having it post and then maybe added a crazier 2nd delay option in its place.

Have you tried capturing the KSR? Or any pedals?

To be honest, after hearing the high gain options it has I never once thought about needing
to add an OD in front.

For me, a drive in front isn't about the amps missing anything - it's just a second sound, still related to the main sound, sometimes just with a little more hair, sometimes to create a lead sound out of a rhythm sound, whatever. I find that kinda stuff to be incredibly convenient.

Assuming the drives on the QC are captures as well (betting they are), that would require the Nano to be able to load an additional capture, yes?

I understand all of your opinions about the drive and transpose block.

Obviously, both of them would be ideal.

However, I prefer the transpose to a drive block in this singular kind of pedal.

My reasons:

I don't see it as an all in one unit. Even with a drive block, it wouldn't be. For me, it should have at least a compressor and one more block and effects choice. So a drive won't solve the "all in one" thing.

I almost never needed a transpose. So I don't have a pedal for that. And the multieffects I have don't have a good working poly pitch. However... I've got plenty of drives (analog pedals and digital models). Given the fact that, for me, the NC would be basically an AIAB pedal to integrate with a pedalboard or a multieffects, if I needed a drive, I can use whatever I already have. But what if, overnight, someone asks me to change the key of a song to play the next day and I have no time to learn it? Or if my skills are not so good to play transposed on the fly? Yeah, no problem, I change the key in the NC. Yeah, if I had to use a drive AND transpose, it won't work perfectly, but given it would be just a emergency, I can play without drive. It wouldn't be the perfect tone, but I would have been able to save the song.

To sum up, if I planned to use the NC as an all in one, I prefer a drive block. But as I'll never consider it an all in one, I prefer just the way it is because I have lots of drives and not a transpose. And honestly... This unit is NOT an all in one.

Once I'm settled a bit that's the goal.
Just dropping in here to ask..., how exactly does one do that?

Like, do you mike up your amp?

Sorry if those are dumb questions (around these parts, lol), but I'm totally in the dark on the whole 'capturing' thing. I'm just curious is all.

Back