Neural DSP Nano Cortex

100%. I love the Dimension C chorus, but that’s such a bizarre implementation to say you have “modulation effects”, but in actuality include a single pre-determined chorus algo. (Insert head scratch meme) I mean, saying you have “modulation effects” is functionally irrelevant to anyone that doesn’t like Chorus (I would hate this hypothetical person) or would prefer a Phaser, Tremolo etc. Allowing the user to select a mod effect would have made more sense.
Right up there with:

"We're going to have to limit ourselves to one reverb algorithm, guys."
"Better make it something universal. Iconic."
"Like a nice spring? Maybe plate?"
"Dude! How about 'Mind Hall'?"

what do you guys expect for 550.00? their flagship is 1700 or so and this is 1/3 the price and at least 1/3 less features. I was jazzed from vids but looking closer that 550 would be better put towards a more flexible unit

Right up there with:

Lindsay Lohan Lol GIF by MOODMAN

May Neural never change bro. :ROFLMAO:

Right up there with:

To be fair it not a bad reverb
I think I would prefer that over the spring

what do you guys expect for 550.00? their flagship is 1700 or so and this is 1/3 the price and at least 1/3 less features. I was jazzed from vids but looking closer that 550 would be better put towards a more flexible unit
I expect something that can turn the delay on and off with a CC command, without having to make a whole other preset that's otherwise identical. Actual MIDI, even if it's just the dreadful 1/8" shit. An effects loop.

I expected a full summary by now @Achilles 🤣🤣🤣

Put the Elixirs on last night and finalized the setup to my liking.
Today's been all about balancing the 3 pickup heights. Wasn't sure at first but I've grown to really, really like the OEM pickups. You can tell they were voiced to work together well. I'm having to use a bit more presence than usual - think a solid maple cap would have eliminated that.
All told got about 4-5 solid hours of playing on it and.......

Oops, wrong thread.

Nano? Haven't even plugged it in yet. :LOL:

Nano? Haven't even plugged it in yet.

Been reading the OM a lot every break though.
For $550 this thing is really well thought out. This assumes that to hit the price point with full capturing, a high quality audio interface, and maintaining the ridiculously high end aesthetic of the unit, along with it be a pretty solid stand alone rig - compromises had to be made.

Can it be used w/o any BT devices for a show?
What's your gig? Faithful Pink Floyd tribute or sitting in a pit and having to be ready for anything? No fucking way.
Cover gig at the local club doing a wide range of recognizable rock/blues/metal/pop/etc. tunes? Absolutely.

All first impressions though. Plan on getting up tomorrow with a pair of headphones and running it through the quick start stuff.

Sex shots

20240919_155332.jpg

20240919_155215.jpg

20240919_155155.jpg

20240919_155301.jpg

$549? :oops:

I'm starting to think they're doing this at super slim margins just to introduce more people to their ecosystem.
And maybe to wet the appetite for the upcoming MiniCortex, which they'll get back to healthy profits with....

tenor.gif

Last edited:
If I really really had to:
1726788364046.png

Pedaltrain Metro 20
Hotone Ampero Control
Polytune Mini
Boss RV-5
Boss DD-8
Maxon 808

Chuck a Cioks DC7 under the board. You could throw that into the overhead compartment on a plane, or carry it on a train across the city. Probably even fit it in the foot well of a small car or taxi. A totally giggable solution.

Is there any word on whether you can route one output to FOH and another output to the FX loop return of whatever backline provided amp there is??? Or are you basically going to be limited to using the FOH stage monitoring for something like this??

I'm not planning on assembling such a thing. I just quite like the idea that in a pinch, you could make something like this work for not very much money compared to some of the other bigger rigs out there.

PS: I truly don't think the gapless switching of captures can be overstated. That is super cool.

Sex shots

View attachment 28866
View attachment 28867
View attachment 28868
View attachment 28869

$549? :oops:

I'm starting to think they're doing this at super slim margins just to introduce more people to their ecosystem.
And maybe to wet the appetite for the upcoming MiniCortex, which they'll get back to healthy profits with....

tenor.gif
I will be honest that is a very expensive looking product , from the Neural stamped logo , I thought it was just a label sticker like Qc ,
but the 2 tone with the silver edging and the LEDS no one can accuse them of poor industrial design .

Questions as it is hard to tell is it black or more like a dark grey , some photos lot like matte black other a shade darker than QC

Got mine today - I already have a Quad Cortex that I use in 4 cable method with my KSR Artemis so I didn’t really need the NC, but was curious. Pretty cool little box - loaded up a Triaxis capture of my own and a York Audio IR and had a great tone in seconds.

As others have stated, this makes the most sense integrated into a pedalboard or in the loop of another modeler. This is everything I wanted the ToneX pedal to be. Not a huge fan of how IK does things.

I might not keep it since I have the QC - or depending on what Fractal comes out with, I may go with an FM9 and have the Nano in the loop and sell the QC. Not totally sure yet.

If anyone has any questions about it, let me know!

Got mine today - I already have a Quad Cortex that I use in 4 cable method with my KSR Artemis so I didn’t really need the NC, but was curious. Pretty cool little box - loaded up a Triaxis capture of my own and a York Audio IR and had a great tone in seconds.

As others have stated, this makes the most sense integrated into a pedalboard or in the loop of another modeler. This is everything I wanted the ToneX pedal to be. Not a huge fan of how IK does things.

I might not keep it since I have the QC - or depending on what Fractal comes out with, I may go with an FM9 and have the Nano in the loop and sell the QC. Not totally sure yet.

Is the delay mono only and any modulation controls for it?

Questions as it is hard to tell is it black or more like a dark grey , some photos lot like matte black other a shade darker than QC

Same exact color as the QC. And yes, the Nano logo is laser etched. Zero compromises with the enclosure!

Congrats fellow Nano owner!

When I owned the QC my hands down favorite capture that came with it was a DI of a Mesa Mark III red stripe.
I haven't used the Neural cloud in years and I'm 100% new to their editor/apps.

What would be the easiest way to get my hands on that capture to load in the Nano? Thanks in advance.

Back