Neural DSP Nano Cortex

No. There's just 2 FX slots and from all I know, they're somewhat limited, too. So just the "guts" of the patches will load (no idea how well that does or doesn't work).
Actually there 2 pre and 2 post in the KPP, as opposed to 4+4 on the toaster

So what's in slots 1/2/5/6 won't be there.

Also the KPP has a lot less of the fx the toaster have.
Like if you have a shimmer verb or whatever it'll change it to the easy verb.

Question becomes then, if the video is wrong, and both ports support Midi In, do either-or-both of them support receiving Midi CC in messages (?)

Does the manual contain the Midi Spec (?)

Ben

Quick Update .... there is no PDF Manual .... rather an on-line Manual => here is the on-line manual

I've gone through the Midi spec in the manual ... and for the anal amongst us :) ... the word Midi comes up 59 times ...... in short ......the USB Port can send PC and CC ..... the TRS Midi can receive PC ..... but there is no mention anywhere in the manual that I can see or find that states that the USB Port and/or TRS Midi Jack can receive Midi CC (?)

If that's right (?) then you can only use an External Midi FSW to trigger Patch / Preset Changes and use an Exp Pedal ..... but there is no way to turn on/off individual efx via an external Midi FSW.

Happy to be corrected.

Ben

I don´t know... I prefer having it than not. If an external boost is on, and you need the transpose, you could try it. If it doesn´t work, you just use other solution (just as you´d do if there weren´t a transpose block). But at least you have the option and surely you could use it many times.

I think I´m not understanding your point, though... because I see it too obvius.
Transpose tracks better (less glitches) if you feed it a clean signal vs one that has overdrive coloration that's all.

Cordy got his... suspiciously fast :unsure:

Noted this on the other thread, but the UX could really use some polish. That phone app looks very clunky to use.

Andertons have next day delivery on their site. They put the Nano up early.

I live near Cordy and have had stuff arrive just as fast. So totally possible.

Last edited:
Transpose tracks better (less glitches) if you feed it a clean signal vs one that has overdrive coloration that's all.

My amps have enough gain that I've found adding an extra stage after a transpose turns it into mush.

And only having a single gain slot in the Nano would be worse than having none imo.

If you are a gain box user raise your hand if you and your various guitars/pickups can get by with just one.
I regularly use all 4 on my board.

20240919_070830.jpg

RC is set for clean boost and works with everything as well as stacked on top of either of the other two.
Mud Killer is the Tubescreamer for single coils and neck humbuckers.
Pre-amp side of the Duality is the dirty boost for single coils while the TS side is for bridge buckers.

Last edited:
Yes, I perfectly get that. What I don´t get is the harm that makes having the transpose block available "just in case" you can use it. If you put an OD before the NC, and you consider the transpose is not going to track well... don´t use it. But at least you could use it when you have a clean signal. For me, it´s better than not having the option at all.

I almost always run verb before delay. It all depends on what textures you’re going for

Sure.
Again, I think the box is for jamming, not sculpting.

Will be interesting to find out though if the fixed position is a CPU/design limitation or if a future firmware rev opens up swapping them around.

I feel like Cordy is trolling us with the "game changer" hyperbole. Thoughts, @DrewJD82? :grin

Until we can just think of a tone and have it come out of a speaker, the game will not be changed. I’ve spoken to Cordy a bit about coming over here, I should also inform him that when/if he eventually does, I’m totally busting his balls about any “game changer” bullshit.

DD3 - 372g (13.3 oz)
Cap - 416g (15 oz)
Nano - 632g (22.6 oz)

As far as the looks, chassis finish, feel of knobs and switches, it really is a shrunk QC.
The metal housing has all of the same cosmetic polishing, etc.

Based on the weight and quality of the box and hardware it sure doesn't seem like a sub $600 unit!

20240919_103624.jpg

quick note - for an extra $10 Sweetwater threw in an adapter
9 V @ 1.7 amps with a 10 foot heavy duty cable
:oops:

20240919_105804.jpg

Last edited:
Back