Neural DSP Nano Cortex

I just saw this as part of an ad on Sweetwater. Even I had to LOL. If you thought "Most Powerful Floor Modeler in the World" was a stretch...

1727891513360.png

Last edited:
If NDSP only subscribed to these quotes themselves...

I don't know if anyone expected that, exactly. A lot of us were hoping for something like half a QC (all of the "content", half the DSP, half the lanes, maybe half as many poo switches...) Probably for somewhere around, or just under, a grand.

The NC came in cheaper than I expected, and I think its price is justified. But it's nerfed in too many ways to actually be useful to me. (Too few effects, no Stomp mode, no Scenes, very little I/O, etc.) If I needed a little capture-on-the-go solution, I'd be all over it.
That’s what I totally wanted too
But the more you think about it with 3 or 4 encoders how difficult is that to implement with editing and screens
Also I think the prices of things has gone up a lot , as per digital Igloos comment that a good touch screen well implemented can easily add $200 to the MSRP

"JUST A CHORUS?!!" Well ya, but the plot thickens with good ole Bluetooth.

It's just mix amount on top of the box but inside you can adjust drive and output, choose S or SDD-220 voicings, and have the full ten chorus options. 1 thru 4 and then the six different blendings of the 4.
After using and enjoying it for a couple of weeks with none of this, I'm almost kinda bummed Pandora's Box is now open.

:facepalm

Last edited:
If someone picks up one of these and doesn't capture every thing they own, everything their friends have that they wished they owned, and then any other cool amp/drive that pops up - is just plain bat-shit crazy.

Last edited:
I am planning on bringing it over to my friend Tony Bruno and capturing some of his amps. He has this old Super 100 prototype that is probably the most badass amp I have ever played through.
Ah the Bruno underground
His amps are rare I think Tremonti has one but not many others have seen

I sent mine back to SW. Can only create your own captures or load what's on the Cloud. I wanted to get 3rd party packs, no way to load them, AFAICS. Now that Tonex has announced the November expansion, I've bought a Tonex for the 2nd time. for < 1/2 $ of the demo Nano.

I sent mine back to SW. Can only create your own captures or load what's on the Cloud. I wanted to get 3rd party packs, no way to load them, AFAICS. Now that Tonex has announced the November expansion, I've bought a Tonex for the 2nd time. for < 1/2 $ of the demo Nano.
Ah that is true. I have to think a marketplace is close but you'd think that would have been in place prior to the NC release

Aside from the FX slots, which were what made me pick it up for a one stop fly rig for lunchtime jamming at work, it didn't really sound any better than my Tonex(sold earlier this year, just bought another). I have so many captures from for my Tonex it only makes sense. I did plan to try to capture the capture, but why bother at this point. When IKM drops the next FW, it will be a more complete unit for what I need.

I have to admit that the new Tonex updates have quashed my gas for the Nano.

Yeah, especially given the fact that NDSP will likely face a similar fate with a paid update for the Nano, like the Kemper Player.
That said though, the Tonex profiles just doesn't sound as good IMO. But perhaps they are good enough and, when not compared back to back, won't really be noticed?

I'm gonna spend a few hours this weekend capturing my Dual Recto using ToneX and then using QC again, and compare. I'm quite curious which gets closerest.

You can purchase 3rd party packs then just have to send them to your NDSP account
You can’t obviously add NDSP preset chains but something like a Studio Rats
Mezza Barbra you sent them the payment they send pack to you via cloud share and then you load them up in one of 256 slots in capture library on the NC

In many cases they have 8 w cab baked in
8 with DI that you pair with your own cab

Back