Neural DSP Nano Cortex

14jfeh.gif
Seriously, if this keeps up, @DrewJD82 is going to have to quit TGF and start another forum. :rofl

I don't think I have anything to do with it, though. You guys had no trouble ignoring me for the past 3 years. I think the cracks began to show when @Orvillain started saying nice things...

Last edited:
From what I’ve seen of this new Nano Cortex box online I don’t see the point especially as the big version is still not working properly and all the promised updates have still not been released as promised 😡
KDH did a good video on it.👍

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

We’re in a new era of “IDGAF about any of that”; companies can talk out their asses, deliver half-baked products, change the roadmap 500x until no one remembers what they originally set out to do, take forever getting shit done, focus more on marketing than development, lock stuff behind tiered purchases like video games and none of it matters anymore.

Two ways to look at the Nano lack of effects:

"We haven't gotten around to adding other effects" = get ready for another several years of waiting for cross compatibility. That seems highly unlikely to me.

"Let me introduce you to our product tiers" = Kemper Player 2.0. I think this is far more likely.

Of course they could somehow do both, which isn't out of the realm of possibility for NDSP.
If you mean cross-compatibility whereby a Nano Cortex could unconditionally load Quad Cortex presets, you'd wait forever. There's just not enough DSP under the hood. (And the UI would be a round hole for a square peg.)

A few extra effects selections in each of the NC's existing slots... I think we can expect that S O O N. (Whatever that means.)

There is unfortunately still quite a large list of things that were announced - and used to generate preorders - that haven't yet been released.

Announced devices that have not yet been released​

Device category
i
Based on
i
Device name
i
Bass ampsAcoustic® 360Bass 360
Bass ampsBass Flip-Top Patch
Bass ampsG400K
Bass overdriveMaestro® Brass Master®Brass Matters
CompressorMXR® Dynacomp®Dynamic Comp
CompressorBogner® Harlow®Hairlow
CompressorNeural Compressor
CompressorDarkglass® Super Symmetry®Super Symmetry
DelayMulti Tap Delay
DelayMultitap
EQGraphic 10 Band
EQPeak/Notch
Guitar ampsMesa® Boogie® Poweramp6L6 PWR
Guitar ampsFender® Blackface Super Reverb®BF Super RVB Normal
Guitar ampsFender® Blackface Super Reverb®BF Super RVB Vibrato
Guitar ampsMarshall® Super Bass 100 BrightBritish Bass 100 Bright
Guitar ampsMarshall® Super Bass 100 NormalBritish Bass 100 Normal
Guitar ampsMarshall® Super Bass 100 JumperedBritish Bass 100 Patch
Guitar ampsEVH® 5150® III GreenEV III Green
Guitar ampsEngl® 530NGL 530 Pre
Guitar ampsSunn® Model T® – Channel OneSonn Mod T CH1
Guitar ampsSunn® Model T® – Channel TwoSonn Mod T CH2
Guitar ampsFender® Tweed DeluxeTweed DLX
Guitar ampsBogner® EcstasyXTC Green
Guitar ampsBogner® EcstasyXTC Red
Guitar overdriveOcta Fuzz®Octofuzz
Guitar overdriveDallas Arbiter® Fuzz Face®Round Fuzz Ge
IRs by Neural DSPAmpeg® SVT-410HE 4×10 bass cabinet410 Bass CL
IRs by Neural DSPDarkglass® D410C loaded with custom Eminence® ceramic driversD410C Darkglass®
IRs by Adam "Nolly" Getgood412 Brit 60B BB '77
IRs by Adam "Nolly" Getgood412 Zila Cust V30 '12 V1
IRs by Adam “Nolly” Getgood410 Darkglass
Modulation8 Voice Chorus
ModulationTremolo/Panner
Neural CapturesADA® MP1® + VHT® Two Fifty Two®
Neural CapturesAmpeg® SVT® Heritage
Neural CapturesTech21® GED2112® (Rack Version)
Other third party IRs212 Omg Stand CB M65 '18
Other third party IRs212 Omg Stand VM65 '18
Other third party IRs410 Amped SVT 00s
PitchAnalog Octave
PitchDetune
PitchDigital Octave
PitchDrop
PitchGrain Wham
PitchThicc
ReverbInterstellar Reverb
ReverbReverse Reverb
ReverbSingularity Reverb
ReverbSwell Reverb
UtilitySlow Gear / Swell
WahVox® WahBritish Wah
WahDunlop® Bass WahCrying Bass Wah
WahDunlop® Cry Baby® From HellCrying Wah From Hell
WahFulltone® ClydeFuller’s Bonnie
WahGuitar Auto Wah
WahMXR® MC404 CAEMXC404 Wah
WahMu-Tron®uTron Auto Wah

Just because of my particular use cases, the ones I care most about are the reverbs, pitch effects, the slow gear/swell effect, and the delays. The rest of it I'd love to have, but not chomping at the bit for.

Fortunately it is quite easy for me to work around those missing effects with other pedals, soooo.... I'm less aggravated by the missing devices (and missing plugin support) than I was back in 2021.

I haven't watched that video. I won't give him the time of day because of the nonsense videos he has made where he creates controversy out of thin air. He's a bottom feeder and the worst sort of click bait.
Worse than creating controversies out of thin air - rehashing tired, existing controversies for additional boring spans of 20 minutes at a go.

From what I’ve seen of this new Nano Cortex box online I don’t see the point especially as the big version is still not working properly and all the promised updates have still not been released as promised 😡
KDH did a good video on it.👍

Awesome seems like a lot of butthurt , if you don’t like the product don’t buy it
I think it pretty cool , and well thought out , does it sound good yes
Is it easy to use -yes

I think everyone just expected the
Whole NDSP QC for $600
Which obviously was not feasible

Last edited:
I think every just expected the
Whole NDSP QC for $600
Which obviously was not feasible
I don't know if anyone expected that, exactly. A lot of us were hoping for something like half a QC (all of the "content", half the DSP, half the lanes, maybe half as many poo switches...) Probably for somewhere around, or just under, a grand.

The NC came in cheaper than I expected, and I think its price is justified. But it's nerfed in too many ways to actually be useful to me. (Too few effects, no Stomp mode, no Scenes, very little I/O, etc.) If I needed a little capture-on-the-go solution, I'd be all over it.

Last edited:
If you mean cross-compatibility whereby a Nano Cortex could unconditionally load Quad Cortex presets, you'd wait forever. There's just not enough DSP under the hood. (And the UI would be a round hole for a square peg.)

A few extra effects selections in each of the NC's existing slots... I think we can expect that S O O N. (Whatever that means.)

I mean if the two units are not running the same code and the effects need to be ported…kinda like the plugins. Personally it wouldn’t make sense to have different architectures but hey they are 0 for 1 in that department before the Nano.

Back