NDSP Quad Cortex

THIS...
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet
Agree you never know and will neural cover under any warranty?
If you don’t own the product
The Warranty is void

Im still over the moon with this unit. Captured my fav amps preamp, which I play into poweramp/cab…the poweramp which goes into the feed to foh, and my fav overdrive pedals…Stocked!

Did the first step using the direct feed (only played it into cabs so far) while I am working on a way to play “ended as lovers” in a trio. Feels like the poweramp isolation was a good choice, not 100% sure about my speaker choice (I’d like it to be a bit closer to what I hear from my amp)…but..it sounds natural and “ampy” to me.

Quick midi hihat and kick, and bass part under it. Capture of a revival drive into the capture of a supersonic clean channel…into the capture of the sonics poweramp.

Well the deadline they gave is quick approaching, if they plan to launch the update before the end of the month it will have to be next week pending any delay announcements

I think they will. It's in private beta now, AFAIK.

Hey mikah !

Haven't followed anything NDSP for a long while .... is this next coming update going to allow users to load all their purchased plugins into the QC (?) -or- something along those lines (?) ... genuinely just curious.

All the best,
Ben

Hey mikah !

Haven't followed anything NDSP for a long while .... is this next coming update going to allow users to load all their purchased plugins into the QC (?) -or- something along those lines (?) ... genuinely just curious.

All the best,
Ben
Yes. The Plini and Gojira for now

They did damn themselves by advertising plugin support initially.

I wasn't paying attention at the time so I don't know the answer to this, but how was it advertised? Was it listed in a spec sheet on their web site for the product when it was released?

I wasn't paying attention at the time so I don't know the answer to this, but how was it advertised? Was it listed in a spec sheet on their web site for the product when it was released?
They promised it on various channels (forums, interviews etc) leading to launch.

Do you have any links? Just curious what the origin of all the angst is.
I’m curious also.
Tbh..ive always assumed to be true that they oversold in the past….but never seen it myself.

I’ve seen a quote for C Kemper along the lines of “there as been a lot of internal discussion on releasing the full efx suite for the player”…being explained within days as : kemper will release all efx as a payed upgrade. And if I didn’t describe accurately what happend there…..exactly my point ;)

They had it on the product website as a "coming after release item", same as the editor. They then started cutting some of these down. You can probably find the original page on Wayback Machine if you want.

If you believed their blog pages, things like the editor, hybrid switching etc seemed like features deep in development, only missing the release date by a month or two. But a lot of those were apparently nothing but design mockups.

On forums they were calling a lot of things "easy" and "soon". Including a graphic EQ that looks like one, but that somehow took them several years.

I can’t find any mention of plugin support in the wayback machine around 2020 and 2021. Interestingly, prior to the release, the page did show what appears to be an editor app. In fairness though, right next to that is a disclaimer saying specifications are subject to change.

I can’t find any mention of plugin support in the wayback machine around 2020 and 2021. Interestingly, prior to the release, the page did show what appears to be an editor app. In fairness though, right next to that is a disclaimer saying specifications are subject to change.
I swear I remember it being there as some one line blurb...but can't be sure.

I do think they at least promised it somewhere when the QC was nearing release. Another one of those "should be easy to do" things that no developer wants to hear a CEO say...

I do think they at least promised it somewhere when the QC was nearing release. Another one of those "should be easy to do" things that no developer wants to hear a CEO say...
That is my recollection too. Maybe they've tried to retcon it.

Did they promise a date for plugin support? Or was it a vague “soon”? Either way it would be interesting if anybody has a link to the promise, just to see what’s the basis for the complaints about plugin support.

Did they promise a date for plugin support? Or was it a vague “soon”? Either way it would be interesting if anybody has a link to the promise, just to see what’s the basis for the complaints about plugin support.
Found it, it was on the very first version of the page in the FAQ section.

• Do Neural DSP plugins come with QC?
    Not by default as of now, but we will send a free plugin update in a Cortex compatible format to everyone who owns our plugins so they can be loaded onto the device.
  • If I have bought Neural DSP plugins, can I get them on QC?
    We will send a free plugin update in a Cortex compatible format to everyone who owns our plugins so the modules in them can be loaded onto the device.
This was the page for pre-orders, so if they didn't deliver plugin support they would be on the hook for falsely advertising. They put themselves on the hook here and scrubbing those details out from their later pages doesn't make that promise disappear.

So no timeline, but it's something that they used to sell the unit.

Back