NDSP Quad Cortex

Don't make me buy another godd@mn HX to re-remember what about this process drove me nuts :ROFLMAO: To continue the chain; you had to drop a block and pull it down to another lane. Or I am living in a long ago fever dream.

How was Neural just able to copy that interface/workflow functionality? I’m surprised Line6 didn’t have some IP on it and/or try to fight them for it.
The whole, "The UI is identical, Line 6 should sue!" bit is a little overblown IMO. I'm no lawyer, but it's notable that Yamaha/Line 6 hasn't bothered with it.

An MFX unit that displays FX blocks as squares that go from input on the left to output on the right... Find me one recent MFX unit that doesn't (apart from that time Roland went with a Q-bert theme for no discernable reason.) 4 lanes vs. 2 CPU's just happens to be the most obvious presentation of the underlying hardware. Yes, Helix was obviously an inspiration and starting point for that one specific view in CorOS, and probably the hardware architecture itself, but that's it. Maybe the performance screen in Scenes mode? Pretty much everything else about the UI differs fundamentally - again, reflecting differences in hardware (touchscreen, encoders). IM not so popular O, for the better.

Yeah, I do find figuring out how to do this level of preset configuration in Fractal to be like relearning a foreign language that has two extra letters in its alphabet every damn time. Which is why I just run simple presets and switch amongst them. The Audience Hasn't Noticed My Gaps Yet :bag
The final annoyance frontier was on device footswitch configuration. I forced myself to work with it a couple of times when I needed to tweak my transferred gigging presets and it was certainly not fun but do-able.

Don't buy another godd@mn HX. Buy a godd@mn QC. It's the same. ;)
Hungry Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

I will say if I put this tone knob-less strat through an HX product; I think I'd have to have a hi-cut at 1.8k or my ears would explode from all the treble :ROFLMAO:

I love the heaviness but the vocals kill it. Just dude's particular style I can't get with?

My friend saw them live recently and he said he loved the band but hated the vocals. He said if you listen it sounds like a toddler throwing a tantrum. I dig knocked loose but I can’t unimagine that image now, it really does sound like a kid going apeshit 🤣

My friend saw them live recently and he said he loved the band but hated the vocals. He said if you listen it sounds like a toddler throwing a tantrum. I dig knocked loose but I can’t unimagine that image now, it really does sound like a kid going apeshit 🤣
I had no interest in this band until this very moment. :rofl

TBF; I 1000% do not want a digital/modeling device without a screen to see what's going on. I don't care how much silk screened dedicated controls are on said device. I need some sort of menu system.
I kinda like the concept of a screen less unit…smaller, cheaper, sturdy…and use an ipad when you want to do stuff that needs a screen.
If they had dropped the full efx suite in the kpp…I wouldn’t have switched to QC probably.

Back