NDSP Quad Cortex

I am a generation too old for them :cry: I love the heaviness but the vocals kill it. And I LOVE extreme vocals. Just dude's particular style I can't get with? I will say between that guitarist and Wes Hauch rundown from a while back; 7 string Ibanez Iceman GAS is a definitely a thing :satan

They’re my new favorite band, they’re practically all I’ve listened to for the last 3 weeks. Them and Paramore. :rofl

I didn’t like the vocals at first, either, vocals were always an issue with me and my ex, who is a massive hardcore fan. But I started digging this dude’s voice pretty quickly. I think because it’s a bit unique while still doing the hardcore thing.

I kinda like the concept of a screen less unit…smaller, cheaper, sturdy…and use an ipad when you want to do stuff that needs a screen.
If they had dropped the full efx suite in the kpp…I wouldn’t have switched to QC probably.
I think they will add the morph and other effects
They just put something into beta that will allow update to the core line simultaneously kind of like what helix engine was

I mean reading their manual it’s not as terrible as I thought it’s basically a fixed chain but you can have
Wah , Volume , transpose
Then 2 blocks , Amp , cab
2 blocks

So technically about as powerful as an HX stomp
Plus I think you have no gaps in presets and spillover if it’s the same as the big units

Last edited:
I think they will add the morph and other effects
They just put something into beta that will allow update to the core line simultaneously kind of like what helix engine was

I mean reading their manual it’s not as terrible as I thought it’s basically a fixed chain but you can have
Wah , Volume , transpose
Then 2 blocks , Amp , cab
2 blocks

So technically about as powerful as an HX stomp
Plus I think you have no gaps in presets and spillover if it’s the same as the big units
If that’s correct, they are landing at 4 blocks “pre amp”…that’s was 2 at release.
My main reason not to go for it was that there’s no delay with crossfeedback.

Regardless…I think it’s a great unit…lots of reasons to go for it. I just happend to have 1 silly “hard requirement” it doesn’t do…so switched to QC. Happy I did…in a perfect world they’d include time efx 100% to my taste in the future ;)

How was Neural just able to copy that interface/workflow functionality?

That interface/workflow style had been around a long time prior to guitar modelers.
L6 didn't 'design' it.

image1.png

Last edited:
If that’s correct, they are landing at 4 blocks “pre amp”…that’s was 2 at release.
My main reason not to go for it was that there’s no delay with crossfeedback.

Regardless…I think it’s a great unit…lots of reasons to go for it. I just happend to have 1 silly “hard requirement” it doesn’t do…so switched to QC. Happy I did…in a perfect world they’d include time efx 100% to my taste in the future ;)

Am I right in thinking that the Kemper Android App is essentially "the screen" for the Profiler Player and let's you adjust everything in real time?

If that's true and they wake up and add missing effects, I think I'd have to get one...

Am I right in thinking that the Kemper Android App is essentially "the screen" for the Profiler Player and let's you adjust everything in real time?

If that's true and they wake up and add missing effects, I think I'd have to get one...
If I understood correctly ..exactly that.

They didn't even really try that hard to make it stylistically their own. If you squint and didn't know any better, you'd swear they were the same company.

View attachment 22662
I kid you not , I said this the other day , when I saw that first screen shot for the Namm announcement I thought Line6 has partnered w NDSP or has some sort of licensing agreement

BASTARDS! They even copied the black background!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

View attachment 22665
Looking at this, I got to say NeuralDSP's iconography sucks. Most of the Helix icons are understandable at a glance and only the IR block is not quite clear, and you could mistake the wah block for a pint.

This QC preset seems to be:

Sliders -> Spike hazard -> Inverted slide -> Worm crusher -> Hat mirror -> Hat mirror -> Pallet -> Snowflake -> Snake -> Roundabout -> Roundabout -> Sliders -> Worm crusher / Speakon jack -> Sliders -> Worm crusher

I don’t care how boomery this is, just write the names of the fucking things in the blocks. I feel like I need a decoder ring for that shit.

I don’t care how boomery this is, just write the names of the fucking things in the blocks. I feel like I need a decoder ring for that shit.
Yeah got to give it to Boss and even Fractal for that. But I also understand the choice to go with icons only.

Ya, anyone with a cell phone should be absolutely fine with icons you'd think.

iphonescreen-2.jpg

Speaking for myself, but when I’m downloading an app on my phone it’s generally the first time I’m experiencing it or what it does, so I can instantly attach the image to the ‘new’ thing. But I’ve been using delay for 28 years, I just want to see the word “Delay”

Soundcloud changed their icon background from orange to black several months ago, it’s in the same spot on my phone and it still takes me 10 seconds of searching for the damn thing before I recognize it. Same with Twitter/X.

Back