NDSP Quad Cortex

Someone on the Discord observed that the block they were using in the demo has 7 oscillator dials where as the one in Rabea only has 4. And this was seen as evidence that it's coming on 3.0.

So I decided to piss on that parade by pointing out that maybe the updated version of Rabea X will have 7 and we could still be looking at a block from his plugin coming down the line rather than a general block on 3.0.0

So 3.0.0 ammiright 🤣

I'm starting to think it will have a synth block tossed in
I think they are possibly way farther along than they are letting on
Someone asked in YouTube
I want to use my Nolly X presets in QC

And NDSP reply was “that’s tin the next big update , we are very close
I always take what they say with a grain of salt but if
Plini and Gojira was working and in Beta back last October
That like 8 months ago

Last edited:
Someone on the Discord observed that the block they were using in the demo has 7 oscillator dials where as the one in Rabea only has 4. And this was seen as evidence that it's coming on 3.0.

So I decided to piss on that parade by pointing out that maybe the updated version of Rabea X will have 7 and we could still be looking at a block from his plugin coming down the line rather than a general block on 3.0.0
More grist for the “which free plug-in” mill.

More grist for the “which free plug-in” mill.
The plugin deal needs you to download 3.0 first so we'll know if it's on the QC before we get to the pick a free plugin part. But yes, there are a couple of people talking about getting Rabea for the synth so it'll be funny seeing them swerve on the day a QC synth is part of the update.

Someone asked in YouTube

And NDSP reply was “that’s the next in the next big update , we are very close
That like 8 months ago
I think so too. Following discord has very little advantage but a NDSP employee shut down people thinking Nolly X was going to be in 3.0.0 but didn't say no to the synth block which was mentioned in the same reply

It would be pretty bad form to release Nolly X and then go "oh, btw you can't use this in your QC with 3.0.0". But I would not be surprised if NDSP did just that.

It would be pretty bad form to release Nolly X and then go "oh, btw you can't use this in your QC with 3.0.0". But I would not be surprised if NDSP did just that.
They aren't including it in 3.0.0. I don't think it's bad form since the X versions are more than just making it QC compatible. As someone who doesn't have a QC but has some plugins, if the X version is ready, get it out.

Someone asked in YouTube

And NDSP reply was “that’s the next in the next big update , we are very close
That like 8 months ago

“The next big update, we are very close” reads to me like 3.1 sometime before the end of year.

Plini and Gojira only. Yes. We've known this for months and it has been communicated multiple times. No one is getting blindsided here. If anyone is expecting anything more than this they should've read the not-even-small print.

Plini and Gojira only. Yes. We've known this for months and it has been communicated multiple times. No one is getting blindsided here. If anyone is expecting anything more than this they should've read the not-even-small print.

100%.

It's nice to see some velocity picking up on the X plugins. The first couple plugins seemed to take a couple months between releases, but they're starting to catch up. Announcing and releasing Nolly X within a day was a nice change of pace too compared to the teasers.

So, I had to go look to see if it was announced yet, but it's not. So I can't say who. But there's a manufacturer of power supplies that's coming out with a power supply specifically designed for the HX Stomp/XL/Effects and the Quad Cortex. Looks pretty cool. Might be something you QC guys will be interested in.

Has a single massive output for modelers, then three additional plugs for regular pedals. Looks pretty snazzy.

Last edited:
Ported
Plini
Gojira

X-Updated
SLO
Nameless
Parallax
Nolly

Non-X’ified
Fortin Cali
Fortin NTS
Granophyre
Morgan
IIC+
Petrucci
Darkglass
Abasi
Tim Henson
Rabea
Mateo
Tone King
Tom Morello
Corey Wong

Honestly if they have all of the currently X’ified plugins ported by EOY, and a few new plugs at least X’ified, that would be pretty awesome for Neural.

Holy fucking Camp Survivor, dude.

Grab a calendar and mark down when Fractal announced the FM3 and when the issue was resolved.

Now do the same thing for NDSP and the QC.

For good measure, throw in all the communication and marketing you want surrounding both products and how those "kept it real"
+1

We would have to use terms like “pre-pandemic” for a lot of them

You can’t use the Soldano X or Nameless either

Just Plini and Gojira , one would guess they just want to get it out so they can see if they have any major bugs first

But I suspect it should move along quicker once they ensure it is a stable release

I think my ultimate plugin preset for the QC when they are in is going to be; Tone King for cleans > Plini 2 for crunch > Granophyre for heavy > Petrucci for lead > Nolly cab. With the Plumes OD, Petrucci phaser and delay, and Morgan reverb.

Back