NDSP Quad Cortex

I wonder what tomorrow's drip-feed will be?
IMG_1805.gif

What was the last game changer that was touted as such when it came out and then ended up actually living up to the name in a BIG way?

Double locking trems? Locking tuners? Multi-scale necks?

$60 oxygen free copper patch cables? :rofl
QC.
:sofa

Also: Jam Origin MIDI Guitar and AUv3. I’ll see myself out…

What's pissing me off is he looks terrible in every way like he just got run over by a bus, yet his playing is still :headbang
I can get over that. He’s a full time professional. What pisses me off is he looks terrible in every way like he just got run over by a bus, yet he’s still way better looking than me.

:bag

One does have to wonder what NDSP are putting him through, though. These are looking more and more like hostage videos.

Maybe this is the problem. Remember they only had a generic flanger and chorus and they were shit then they added ones based off real life, like the MX, and they were pretty sweet?

A couple of RL reverb and delay might do the trick.

Yep totally. Would love some real life delays like DM2, CC, MM, RE201, 2290, etc.

I’d also love a stereo Carbon Copy IRL too!

There are innumerable things that do, and have done my head in about NDSP the company ..... but one [of the many] things they have never addressed or commented on is:-

(a) => are the amps and efx that are in the QC and that will come to the QC for free [ not-X based ] "algorithmically perfect" (?)

or

(b) => are the amps and efx Plugins [X-based] that you can buy for the QC "algorithmically perfect" (?)

and

(c) => how the f%ck do they decide if an Amp is going to come to the QC for free -or- if its going to be a Plugin and therefore eventually a paid for QC-X plugin if you want it ... and again ... are they both/all "algorithmically perfect" (?)

F%ck me, but NDSP are a terrible sh$t-on-their-customers company !

Minor rant over.

Ben

Oh ... and here's a 3 year old kool-aid cure ... just watch this short video and you tell me/us where the numerous random cut points are where the NDSP Gojira Plugin starts and stops and where the Helix Badonk starts and stop ..... b.t.w .... hint ..... you wont be able to.

C'mon QC and NDSP Plugin users ... this should be a no-brainer for you as your hardware and software is "algorithmically perfect" !

Actual NDSP customer support has always been 10/10 experience. But yeah their PR team and social media interactions don't do it for me

Sh%t power supplies from Day 1 and Data Breachs just pop to mind ...... hardly a 10/10. To me, Fractal and L6 are pretty much perfect 10/10's .... NDSP aren't even in this ballpark i.m.h.o.

But we can agree to disagree.

Ben

Tonight, started running all my pedals through the IR-X into Blackstar Amped set to flat power amp. Then tried pedals into the Blackstar on Fenderish settings. Then tried pedals into the Orange Rocker 15. Then pedals into the Quad Cortex running a Deluxe Reverb into the Blackstar set flat.

Favorite was the QC Deluxe into Blackstar.

Also hooked up my new Wampler Ego Mini compressor...holy crap that's good. I never used compression much until recently because I can never figure it out, but I really enjoy the QC compressor. This Ego though sounds even better and it's tiny! I tried but couldn't quite match the settings. The Ego has kind of a warmth to it, but with slow attack and the blend to halfway it just fattens up and sustains great.

Sh%t power supplies from Day 1 and Data Breachs just pop to mind ...... hardly a 10/10. To me, Fractal and L6 are pretty much perfect 10/10's .... NDSP aren't even in this ballpark i.m.h.o.

But we can agree to disagree.

Ben
Have you dealt with NDSP personally?

They fully covered shipping to Finland and back for a used unit that got busted because the owner didn't pack it well at all. I didn't have to pay a dime, got express shipping, and got a new QC out of it.

Honestly, I've never been impressed with Fractal customer support from a hardware standpoint. In the States, the warranty is one year non transferrable. If what happened to my old QC happened to my fractal, I absolutely would have been on the hook for a bill.

I can tell you are on a NDSP crusade tonight to the point of getting mad at their motto so carry on🤣

Back