NDSP Quad Cortex

That’s one way to look at it. The other is that they expand your block selection when you’re making your own presets.

I’m the last one to try to defend paid content for a near $2K modeler. I’ve been against it since the day I ponied up for my QC. And yes, if you have a Fractal modeler, you have about all the content you could ever possibly hope for. (But you also have a UI that could drive a man to drink lol.)
How do those Plugins Integrate in the Cortex ?

How do those Plugins Integrate in the Cortex ?
So far they don’t. ;)

Allegedly, after you’ve bought the plugins, the QC will “phone home” for authorization, and additional blocks will appear in your amps and fx menus. I imagine same for presets, but you may need to download those from the cloud as you presently do with free content.

So far they don’t. ;)

Allegedly, after you’ve bought the plugins, the QC will “phone home” for authorization, and additional blocks will appear in your amps and fx menus. I imagine same for presets, but you may need to download those from the cloud as you presently do with free content.
ahh so its coming soon
So it will be just adding like when Fractal or Helix gets updates with new models along with added presets
or will be registered as its own independant suite ?>

ahh so its coming soon
So it will be just adding like when Fractal or Helix gets updates with new models along with added presets
or will be registered as its own independant suite ?>
Well, both, if I’m understanding your question correctly. On QC it will be firmware with new blocks, with the resulting ability to load presets that include those blocks. But those blocks will be behind a paywall unlocked via plug-in registration.

The plugins themselves will be the same suites we’re already familiar with.

So… how about now?

As a neutral now, my only rooting interest is for…

friends sleep GIF

:rofl

That still stands though, no? I mean, they just need to get this right out of the gate, so if it takes another week or two what does it really matter now? (Three years late)

I’ve been out of the loop the last week though, did they shit the bed on something that I missed? lol

As a neutral now, my only rooting interest is for…

friends sleep GIF

:rofl

That still stands though, no? I mean, they just need to get this right out of the gate, so if it takes another week or two what does it really matter now? (Three years late)

I’ve been out of the loop the last week though, did they shit the bed on something that I missed? lol
its their usual I was rooting for them end of June , but was doubtful
The current info is that we are talking about weeks not months , so it could technically be 4 weeks end to July .

They also added in one get out of jail on that last estimate to
"Should things change during our testing either for the Positive or NEGATIVE , we will keep you informed .. so technically they could run until the last day of July , and come back with Unfortunately we still have a few small issues to work through , thanks for your patience we we will provide further updates SOON..

A IIRC , they take 3 weeks off in August in Finland for summer shutdown

The current info is that we are talking about weeks not months , so it could technically be 4 weeks end to July .

"Should things change during our testing either for the Positive or NEGATIVE , we will keep you informed .. so technically they could run until the last day of July , and come back with Unfortunately we still have a few small issues to work through , thanks for your patience we we will provide further updates SOON..

“3.1.0 ahead of schedule by the end of the summer!”
September 20th

If anyone is taking a single word Neural says seriously at this point, it’s on them, not Neural. :ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif

The main thing is they get it right. Given the wait to get here and the prolonged process it is going to be to recover the rest of the plugin library, they need to make sure they nail it with 3.0 out of the gate. The last thing they need to do is bonk the initial rollout trying to shave a couple weeks from something already YEARS behind schedule.

IMO

To answer your questions...yes and no. I also have a Helix LT and an HX Stomp. The Quad Cortex and the TMP have been on my list
for a while now. I do have a 30 day return but I'm going to spend some time with both units. I may keep both ! :ROFLMAO:
Hi don’t forget fractal

Despite it maybe being overkill for me haha, I'm still interested in the QC, but... what exactly is the deal with QC reliability these days?

Some people talk like problems are extremely common, and other people talk about them like they're rare or basically don't happen at all outside of a few defective units (?). Obviously without actual data from NeuralDSP it's all very subjective, but can anyone give me perspective on how common the freeze-ups, crashes, and other failures seem to be in their experience, as well as if anyone here has experienced the issues with touchscreen responsiveness that some people describe?

Also, re: the power supply, it's just a ground loop issue in certain contexts, and which can be fixed with a replacement power supply, right? I know it's partially a design decision, but did Neural ever source and start providing a different power supply like I saw people discussing before?

And sorry, I know both of these topics have been beaten into the ground, but most discussions I'm seeing about them in a quick search are 1 or 2 years old, so I'm curious about the state of things now, especially since many of the problems seem(ed) to be software issues.

Thanks!

Also, how are the Rat and BD-2 models in the QC? I am thinking about if I could do the all digital thing, at least for drive pedals, to make this make more sense haha. And I was surprised to see a BD-2 model for once!

Despite it maybe being overkill for me haha, I'm still interested in the QC, but... what exactly is the deal with QC reliability these days?

Some people talk like problems are extremely common, and other people talk about them like they're rare or basically don't happen at all outside of a few defective units (?). Obviously without actual data from NeuralDSP it's all very subjective, but can anyone give me perspective on how common the freeze-ups, crashes, and other failures seem to be in their experience, as well as if anyone here has experienced the issues with touchscreen responsiveness that some people describe?

Also, re: the power supply, it's just a ground loop issue in certain contexts, and which can be fixed with a replacement power supply, right? I know it's partially a design decision, but did Neural ever source and start providing a different power supply like I saw people discussing before?

And sorry, I know both of these topics have been beaten into the ground, but most discussions I'm seeing about them in a quick search are 1 or 2 years old, so I'm curious about the state of things now, especially since many of the problems seem(ed) to be software issues.

Thanks!

I've only had my one QC, which is an earlier model. The only issue I had is that occasionally the input impedance will adjust itself down so it sounds really muffled. This has happened maybe three times in eight months. Easy fix, but it's weird.

I haven't had issues with the power supply even though it's flimsy as hell. Also I haven't had any ground loop noise issues at all with this unit even when hooked up to USB. I haven't had any issues with it freezing or crashing that I recall. The touch screen is a good resolution and while it's not iPhone level, it's quite responsive.

There are YouTube tests of aftermarket power supplies and they didn't observe any benefits from other power supplies. I haven't experienced the issue so I don't know what the solution would be. I will say I've had a Helix and an HX Effects that had a lot of noise when hooked up to an amp and the QC is dead quiet (although my HX Stomp is also dead quiet).

No idea on the Rat or BD-2 as I don't own the real pedals. I've been buying and capturing drive pedals and comparing to stock models. The drive models in general sound pretty good to me. I haven't done an A/B of the latest batch of pedals I got (Wampler Tumnus, MXR Duke of Tone, Nobels ODR Mini) but the Fat Sugar (Klon), Golden Boy (Bluesbreaker), and others seemed good.

I'd say if there's a drawback now, it's lack of variety in things like reverbs (especially modern Strymon style ones), vintage delays (Space Echo and others), and micropitch detune (like Eventide). Right now there's a good amount of modulation effects, drive pedals, and amps. Plus you can find tons of other models on the cloud.

Thanks!
I guess it varies from one user to another; build quality seems good though

Back