NAMM predictions

GTR37

Shredder
Well , since we are just a bit over a month away thought I would open up a thread to post about possible new products rumours
The first is obvious and we won’t be waiting till Namm

MESA - the MKVll

REVV - mentioned in their channel
2 new amps and a pedal
One of the amps is a combo
Headshell option for g20 and D20

Line6 - this is a big ???? For me
They have been quiet DI has said March -April is about their busiest time of year, I would guess another plug in aimed at the more vintage crowd , a Helix firmware update
Maybe new POD go type combo ?

Synergy - the BE deluxe , Peavey 5150 OG Dual Ch SLO mk2 and maybe another one more vintage .

Fractal -although they don’t do Namm I think maybe the FM3 turbo at some point

Neural - announcement and preview of new editor , a Dual cortex announcement possibly

That is all I got

I reckon Fractal will be announcing their new cab stuff soon, but they won't link it to NAMM.

In fact, why am I even mentioning it in this thread?? I dunno. Back to the booze.

I reckon Fractal will be announcing their new cab stuff soon, but they won't link it to NAMM.

In fact, why am I even mentioning it in this thread?? I dunno. Back to the booze.
Agreed but I suspect that is CAB lab 4 ,I could be wrong but I don’t think it will be in the hardware

I predict a really tame NAMM in comparison to previous years. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the future, but the pandemic showed the big guys like Fender and Gibson that they don’t have to rent out a whole floor of the expo center and sell guitars just fine. Dave Friedman isn’t going back and that dude has been a NAMM mainstay for quite a while. I went in ‘11 and it was already over the top with people just there to get autographs, that was pre-youtuber era, I can just imagine what that place is like now. It’ll still be helpful for new companies to get their name out there, but that’s entirely dependent on the big companies being there to draw in people.

Universal Audio
  • Compressor pedal.
  • Marshall amp sim pedal.
  • OX cab sim pedal.
  • No improvements to existing pedals.
Strymon
  • Nixie 2 software editor for all their pedals.
Marshall
  • Probably some new "lifestyle" products like a Marshall branded Nespresso machine or something. Marshall x Nespresso, what else? -Taylor Swift
Fender and Gibson
  • Brand new models that have features using seed number 128059348 for the random generator that picks their yearly model specs and colors! Really excited for this as seed 43458953021 did not work for me last year.

This year is ENGL‘s 40th anniversary and I saw an interview of their CEO last year where he hinted at something. Their lunchbox amps seem to sell really well, so they might expand their lineup in this regard?! Would love to see a lunchbox Savage or Artist Edition. I also hope that Marshall finally pulls its head out of the sand and presents something new. A new & improved JVM would be something I might be interested in. My guess is that amp companies will present more lunchbox amps with integrated (inferior) loads and IRs.

So, Neural are actually going to NAMM? Man, I wish a lot of people will visit them just to give them some honest feedback. ;-)

Universal Audio
  • Compressor pedal.
  • Marshall amp sim pedal.
  • OX cab sim pedal.
  • No improvements to existing pedals.
Strymon
  • Nixie 2 software editor for all their pedals.
Marshall
  • Probably some new "lifestyle" products like a Marshall branded Nespresso machine or something. Marshall x Nespresso, what else? -Taylor Swift
Fender and Gibson
  • Brand new models that have features using seed number 128059348 for the random generator that picks their yearly model specs and colors! Really excited for this as seed 43458953021 did not work for me last year.
The ox pedal I think will do well for them. The OX box I saw on sale for like $300 off so my guess is you are right they are about to announce a scaled down cheaper version

This year is ENGL‘s 40th anniversary and I saw an interview of their CEO last year where he hinted at something. Their lunchbox amps seem to sell really well, so they might expand their lineup in this regard?! Would love to see a lunchbox Savage or Artist Edition. I also hope that Marshall finally pulls its head out of the sand and presents something new. A new & improved JVM would be something I might be interested in. My guess is that amp companies will present more lunchbox amps with integrated (inferior) loads and IRs.

So, Neural are actually going to NAMM? Man, I wish a lot of people will visit them just to give them some honest feedback. ;-)
Yes I think , the smaller amps up to 40 watts , compact , load box w IR loader are going to be more popular w the guys that dig the convenience and versatility of the modelling platforms

A collaboration between an amp builder and an FX maker like Wampler or Strymon to have your boost , Delay , verb , mod in the amp would be cool

I predict a really tame NAMM in comparison to previous years. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the future, but the pandemic showed the big guys like Fender and Gibson that they don’t have to rent out a whole floor of the expo center and sell guitars just fine. Dave Friedman isn’t going back and that dude has been a NAMM mainstay for quite a while. I went in ‘11 and it was already over the top with people just there to get autographs, that was pre-youtuber era, I can just imagine what that place is like now. It’ll still be helpful for new companies to get their name out there, but that’s entirely dependent on the big companies being there to draw in people.
Rumour Has it. BEA will have a booth this year , to showcase his sponsors , was next to Chapmen but he has been moved to the other side of the room closer to Schecter

The ox pedal I think will do well for them. The OX box I saw on sale for like $300 off so my guess is you are right they are about to announce a scaled down cheaper version
Even I am interested in it, provided that it is MIDI controllable and they haven't managed to somehow gimp its feature set.

BluGuitar will probably showcase a fully working Amp X but seems they have been having parts troubles so actual for sale launch might not happen that soon.

I think they kind of hinted at a Blubox V2 cab sim in some livestream and I'm kinda hoping that happens in the interim because the first gen version sounded really good but having next to no adjustability was a problem for me.

If NDSP announces a Dual Cortex, that would be the dumbest move ever. They can’t even deliver on what they got. So no way that will happen. They can’t even get an updated Archetype: Plini out by NAAM, lol. So yeah - for them - some cobbled together demo of the desktop editor is all for them. (My guess).

And if Blu doesn’t show a working AmpX at NAAM. Wow. They seriously need to be demo’ing a working modeler at this point.

If NDSP announces a Dual Cortex, that would be the dumbest move ever. They can’t even deliver on what they got. So no way that will happen. They can’t even get an updated Archetype: Plini out by NAAM, lol. So yeah - for them - some cobbled together demo of the desktop editor is all for them. (My guess).

And if Blu doesn’t show a working AmpX at NAAM. Wow. They seriously need to be demo’ing a working modeler at this point.
Dual Cortex confirmed :oops: :rofl

BluGuitar has already demoed the Amp X on their YT channel, obviously not in a "everything is in there and works perfectly" condition. I think it being demoed at NAMM is pretty guaranteed.

Back