NAMM predictions

My NAMM predictions:

Lots and lots of “game changers” and more crap that will trend-set.

Haha. That reminds me of the year when PRS showed up with a bunch of gradient fade guitars and I was thinking "yuk... I wonder how long that will last - how many people will want those?".

Sure enough... none of that on the PRS website now.

I think there may have been a couple of other manufacturers doing that too 🤔

Haha. That reminds me of the year when PRS showed up with a bunch of gradient fade guitars and I was thinking "yuk... I wonder how long that will last - how many people will want those?".

Sure enough... none of that on the PRS website now.

I think there may have been a couple of other manufacturers doing that too 🤔
Ha. I had the same reaction to relic finishes.
awkward bart simpson GIF

- More plugin manufacturers hooking up with soundcard manufacturers to bundle lite versions of their plugins with the HW, in the vain hope of upgrade paths
- The next round of Ibanez guitars looking exactly the same as the last round
- Same for Fender
- Same for Gibson
- Hall E will still be full of nutters and crap Chinese upright pianos that no-one wants to buy
- NAMMTHRAX will kill everyone!

Looks like a new Neuman audio interface including built in EQ, dynamics and reverb processing. Kinda pricey, but looks like you get more for the buck than you do with UA Apollo stuff.

Would never predict this, but I'd love to see a Boss GX-1. With AIRD.

Same great form factor, same usability, and powered by (rechargeable) AAs. And similar price-point....

(That ought to hold me over until that FM0 thingy comes along....)

I didn't read the entire thread...

My SWAG...

A bunch of guitar manufacturer's putting some new finish on the same designs we've seen at least for the last decade, or more people jumping on the relic'd bandwagon that mostly aged out at least a decade ago. Less booths, and presence overall.

I think most of what we'll see are related to audio interfaces and software related innovation.

Maybe a new amp or two, but most activity or big announcements will likely delay until Summer or the end of Summer.

Back