NAMM predictions

Universal Audio
  • Compressor pedal.
  • Marshall amp sim pedal.
  • OX cab sim pedal.
  • No improvements to existing pedals.
With some of the most significant sales on Apollo hardware and plugins...I wouldn't be too surprised to see some sort of new interface paradigm from them.

With some of the most significant sales on Apollo hardware and plugins...I wouldn't be too surprised to see some sort of new interface paradigm from them.
Wouldn't be surprised either, most likely ditching the DSP portion of them. What annoys me about UA interfaces is that until you get to the priciest rack units they have a pretty mediocre set of I/O onboard for the price.

I predict a really tame NAMM in comparison to previous years. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the future, but the pandemic showed the big guys like Fender and Gibson that they don’t have to rent out a whole floor of the expo center and sell guitars just fine. Dave Friedman isn’t going back and that dude has been a NAMM mainstay for quite a while. I went in ‘11 and it was already over the top with people just there to get autographs, that was pre-youtuber era, I can just imagine what that place is like now. It’ll still be helpful for new companies to get their name out there, but that’s entirely dependent on the big companies being there to draw in people.
The big one will be January. I’m going next month but not expecting groundbreaking releases.

Dont expect much from NAMM, the bean counters at the big corporations figured they can increase their profits by not doing expositions, sales have never been better, no need to waste money, besides they think any endorser can sell them anything
on youtube

As i just bought a used Pod Go, I suspect a new hardware box will drop this summer or fall that falls perfectly in between PG and Stomp and I might have to cancel vacation with the kids to preorder it.

Edit: did anyone keep count on DI’s hinted nr of boxes, he revealed back in 19-20??? I recall it being 3 boxes and those should be ticked off right… XL, PG, Catalyst…

As i just bought a used Pod Go, I suspect a new hardware box will drop this summer or fall that falls perfectly in between PG and Stomp and I might have to cancel vacation with the kids to preorder it.

Edit: did anyone keep count on DI’s hinted nr of boxes, he revealed back in 19-20??? I recall it being 3 boxes and those should be ticked off right… XL, PG, Catalyst…

Hmm. I believe the HX FX fills that particular spot between PG and Stomp, minus amp modelling, of course.

Solution: Add preamps?

I have inside information that the actual name is "Quarter Cortex with Cheese"

A91AB631-F39E-4E38-933A-D749C4188085.jpeg

I’ll laugh my ass off if this is legit. Found it in a FB group earlier this week and forgot I saved it. The Hollywoodrock website just seems like some kind of AliExpress-style agency for musicians.

Back