NAMM predictions

Is there anything notable from NAMM? Revv D25 combo is the most interesting I've seen yet, I keep checking and don't see much... will there be anything from Line 6 to rescue NAMM?

I'm kinda surprised by how little coverage this NAMM seems to be getting in the YouTubez. Pre-pandemic you would have every single guitar channel uploading multiple videos per day.

The pandemic caused a big surge in the number of content creators and to really up their game. I can imagine it's much less expensive to send out a few of your units to specific creators and coordinate things before launch.

I'm kinda surprised by how little coverage this NAMM seems to be getting in the YouTubez. Pre-pandemic you would have every single guitar channel uploading multiple videos per day.
I wouldn’t slag the YouTubers. It’s got to be hard to get anything out quickest when you’re not in your own studio

I wouldn’t slag the YouTubers. It’s got to be hard to get anything out quickest when you’re not in your own studio

Wasn't an indictment on guitar YouTube (though we could use 90% less channels out there, thankyouverymuch).

It just seems like there's not a whole lot of interesting stuff to cover on this year's NAMM.

Ibanez seems to be entirely content boring the hell out of their longtime customers while jacking prices up to Suhr/Tyler pricing. They’ve been in the habit of drip feeding new models during the NAMM weekend but man, what a lackluster new year.
“Bold new colors” - Phillip McKnight

Edit- now I think is was actually “bold new graphics” from Dylan Talks Tone, but I could see either of them saying it.

Last edited:
PIA77_BON_00_01_A.jpg

Damn.

I love all the swirls…..except this one. Just don’t dig the colors used. The patterns are cool, but I really dig the smoothness of the swirls more than the jagged, pulled-paint look. I remember looking around their website last year when these were announced, https://www.bonvillain-design.com/, I can’t remember which one I saw it on but it appeared these are done in two applications; top and bottom, with a seam showing where they meet as the swirls don’t blend into each other. I’m guessing that’s the only way to keep the pulled, spikey areas intact while submerging it.

He’s done some really cool sh*t. Also was kind of hoping Ibanez would help get ATD back in business. Darren had a HUGE fire that took out his entire shop and house, I mean LEVELED it, while he was dealing with a viscous custody battle and it’s not like Ibanez was in any position to start shipping these things when they announced them, it would have been cool if they helped get him started again and stuck to the tradition of ATD doing the swirls.

How does it work? Are there any big reveals that normally happen on day two or over the weekend, or if it’s not out by now there are likely no more reveals?

How does it work? Are there any big reveals that normally happen on day two or over the weekend, or if it’s not out by now there are likely no more reveals?
Usually by end of Day one the people at the show would have reported all the new products
The other sites are surprisingly quiet to , honestly looks like another bust this year

Last edited:
There are sometimes later reveals, but doubtful in a year this slow. Sites like musicradar are really the best places to.look at for NAMM news rather than fora

Some brands hold off until Saturday, Ibanez is known for doing that, starting way back when they announced the JEMs in ‘87, but I’m not sure who else does it though.

I watched Ola’s pre-show walk-thru and man, the whole 2nd floor used to be guitars/amps/effects from one end down to the arena at the other end with all the wind/band instruments downstairs on the first floor, now the whole middle of the 2nd floor is empty with a bunch of guitars on one side and the wind/band stuff on the other end. Lots of brands partnering up on booths. I’m very curious how much longer NAMM will be a thing. Haven’t seen the Gibson/Fender halls yet, or if they’re even halls/floors this year.

Some brands hold off until Saturday, Ibanez is known for doing that, starting way back when they announced the JEMs in ‘87, but I’m not sure who else does it though.

I watched Ola’s pre-show walk-thru and man, the whole 2nd floor used to be guitars/amps/effects from one end down to the arena at the other end with all the wind/band instruments downstairs on the first floor, now the whole middle of the 2nd floor is empty with a bunch of guitars on one side and the wind/band stuff on the other end. Lots of brands partnering up on booths. I’m very curious how much longer NAMM will be a thing. Haven’t seen the Gibson/Fender halls yet, or if they’re even halls/floors this year.
Gibson, Fender, PRS aren't there this year. Not sure if it's a "NAMM is irrelevant" issue or a "NAMM in late April doesn't really work for us" thing.

Gibson, Fender, PRS aren't there this year. Not sure if it's a "NAMM is irrelevant" issue or a "NAMM in late April doesn't really work for us" thing.

No sh*t. I had a feeling they weren’t going to bother after hearing Fender had their biggest sales year without even doing NAMM. I’m sure they’ll be gauging how well it does/doesn’t work after this year but that’s pretty big. I wonder what those floors even look like, Fender and Gibson both had huge rooms when I went in ‘11, that’s gotta heavily cut into NAMM profits while leaving some gaping holes in the Expo center.

Back