NAD: Mark Madness

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Just did a straight trade for my roadster for a Mark V. I used to have a V and always regretted selling it. The roadster is an epic and amazing amp, but my 5153 gets me “that sound” faster and easier in a more convenient package. I would totally own another one

Only spent a little bit of time with the V so far but just a smile on my face the whole time. This is a very different amp than the mark IV, which is a good thing imo. I like having both :D

15AAE2BE-441B-4AF3-A254-503DDEA8FE58.jpeg

042D7D43-F6AA-4BC9-B7C9-CABD6C5D6426.jpeg

Damn.

Taller feet for the Fender? Remove the handle/hardware unless you're gonna take it out?

Time for an amp rack? I'd build a little platform..

Always an answer or three
Taller feet or a rack might be a move. I was considering rotating my 2x12 but than I'd be in t stack territory :LOL:

This amp was always one of the ones that got away, but man... forgot how good these things sound :love

I know people claim these amps are hard to dial in too, but I gotta say its a hell of a lot more instant gratification than dialing a IV from scratch :LOL:

Those are TGP'ers and other Internet Unmentionables. :LOL:

On the bright side I feel like at this point the V is regarded as a modern classic there, but man the e hate in those earlier days of the amp being released were BRUTAL

Pootie Tang Bullets GIF

Critics lambasted Led Zeppelin and they were unloved in their home country early on. :facepalm

I hear ya, though. I never felt that way myself. The amp will stand the test of time. Unlike
those people who were too damn good for it all of those years ago. :LOL:

Back