Time for a new amp?: Mesa Mark V or SLO Astro

SLO Astro or Mesa Mrak V

• Total voters
perhaps something sporty and german to really round things out

e8ldy6dzrp7yuq0vhbu5.jpg

I was just saying at another forum how I've been amp obsessed for like decades now and still have never played a Bogner to my recollection

Had a 101B and then an Atma.
I've posted it here before, Bogner tone is the cookie right out of the oven. Marshall is after it's sat out for a couple minutes.
Hard and fast upper mid bite vs a soft and chewy lower mids thing.

VERY addicting tone for noodling - especially legato stuff.

Last edited:
I don't really think there's a reason for this amp to have been built ... and for most new amps to be built. There's nothing new under the sun in this domain. What had to be "said" has been said years ago... but that's just how I see it.
For real.. at the end of the day that’s you behind the guitar.
The super dope sh*t is either too much coin or
not worth the trouble getting involved with a mad scientist overseas to build you the super killer’s.

For real.. at the end of the day that’s you behind the guitar.
The super dope sh*t is either too much coin or
not worth the trouble getting involved with a mad scientist overseas to build you the super killer’s.
I feel that. I've gone down the super boutique amp route and have come to grips that I just prefer the OGs (Marshall, Mesa, Peavey, etc) for my wants.

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

If it ain't broke don't fix it?

Can you say it again, but more forcefully this time?
Use all caps and direct it right at me.

I wanted an SLO30 from the day they came out. Then the Astro hit and I found a good deal on a used one.
I freaking love the thing - yet I'm still scanning Reverb every day for SLO's.......

Something about the SLO mystique is stuck in my brain and in some weird way the Astro doesn't scratch the itch.

ARRGGHH......

Can you say it again, but more forcefully this time?
Use all caps and direct it right at me.

I wanted an SLO30 from the day they came out. Then the Astro hit and I found a good deal on a used one.
I freaking love the thing - yet I'm still scanning Reverb every day for SLO's.......

Something about the SLO mystique is stuck in my brain and in some weird way the Astro doesn't scratch the itch.

ARRGGHH......

Not referencing you at all! I totally get the boutique amp route. I'm all for sounding like x y z band or album.

If you are trying to get a more unique tone than say my 2000s metalcore quest, boutique amps can be an excellent avenue.

This is the main reason I went the SLO route. I knew I'd always have that "yeah the Astro is great, but I wonder what the SLO is like".

I think I've chatted with that person. I believe they are open to offers?

Back