Music Is Win Guy Hit In Forehead With Bottle

With humor; when you get it and love it...it's easy. When you have to explain it to someone; that can definitely let a bit of wind out of the sails. If there was ever any wind in them to begin with :oops: :ROFLMAO:

The other thing I've learned is not to recommend any comedies unless I've seen them very recently. A lot of comedies do not hold up over time.

Even that scene couldn't pull it from the depths of Meh for me.:rofl
Then I got nothin'. :D Either we have very different senses of humor, or this movie just misfired for you in an unrecoverable way. It happens; there are a few classic comedies I can't stand to this day because I was in a shit mood when I walked into a theater 30-odd years ago.

The other thing I've learned is not to recommend any comedies unless I've seen them very recently. A lot of comedies do not hold up over time.
I haven't sat down to watch Walk Hard all the way through in many years, but every time I pull up a clip on YouTube, I laugh until I have tears in my eyes.

But generally, I agree. (And not just comedies.)

Then I got nothin'. :D Either we have very different senses of humor, or this movie just misfired for you in an unrecoverable way. It happens; there are a few classic comedies I can't stand to this day because I was in a shit mood when I walked into a theater 30-odd years ago.
I think maybe it was the whole production, editing was just off to me. It's not the content so much as it's the flow that was off. Discombobulated. And that style of acting, everything has to be right or it seems forced.

For me; most movies that create a soft spot stay that way. They may not hold up to other people who have never seen them; but I can't (and usually don't want to) shake that initial feeling they gave me however many years ago :love
Same.
Off the top of my head, various comedies I have soft spot for -- Joe Dirt, The Jerk, Caddy Shack, Happy Gilmore, Wedding Singer, Tommy Boy, Groundhog Day, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Airplane, Naked Gun, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Wayne's World, Austin Powers, Bill and Ted's....
a ton more.
My wife can only take a few of these, bless her heart. :rofl

Sling Blade is funnier.
When you see someone saying they don’t need anymore gear

IMG_1274.gif

Back