Mesa Mark V Head: Excellent Shape $1,800 !?!?!?

Achilles

Rock Star
Holy moly. A sub $2K, pretty much mint 90 watter? This is just about half of a new MVII. :oops:

You could hold out for a "newer" one at the same price. That metal bar across the back is indicative of the early ones 2009? I believe. Since then they have a model with a metal basket as a tube protector (same footswitch) and one with a metal basket + new all black metal (no plastic sides) footswitch.

I have a 2012 and I paid $1500 for it used in 2017. It has the metal basket and black and silver footswitch. Killer amp though.

Man for some reason I would expect the V’s to be in that $1500 range tops. I like the amps a lot but no way I’d pay more than that for one.

They are just going to go up from the prices they are at now. Won't be long before more
and more people catch on and realize how insanely versatile and amazing these amps are.
Mark my words. :LOL:

The VII is the first Mark series amp to actually have LESS versatility than the predecessor. :idk

Last edited:
Already have the IV Rev A's, V's (35 & 90W), and VII. I'm considering a local sale of my mint 2022 MKV 90W Combo $1,400. My VI's are still my go to MK's most of the time. I dig the V 90W, I just don't use everything on it, hardly use it.

02k8Ywv.jpg

Already have the IV Rev A's, V's (35 & 90W), and VII. I'm considering a local sale of my mint 2022 MKV 90W Combo $1,400. My VI's are still my go to MK's most of the time. I dig the V 90W, I just don't use everything on it, hardly use it.

02k8Ywv.jpg
Damn those are some clean Mark IVs!

Damn those are some clean Mark IVs!

Thank you. Bought the IV's in 1992. Just had both re-capped and TLC'd by Mike Bendinelli in Petaluma (of course) this past year.

I re-tolexed the one on the right and oxblood grill cloth. They're maternal twins. They both sound slightly different from one another though. Always have. Peculiar to me thing is, they were my go to MK's forever. I got so used to them, when I got the V I didn't care for it at first. The V took a while to grow on me. Of course it's all in my head. Just needed to get used to something different. In many ways, the V is just a better amp on a technical level.

I need to get a picture of the VII and V 35 in there. I'm finding I like the VII a little more as time goes on. Still haven't gigged the V or the VII yet. Soon.

Back