Marshall pedals getting reissued?

Neat idea. I had a couple of the 2000s era silver and gold Marshall pedals and they were pretty cool.

I mean if Marshall can make headphones and mini fridges, may as well make drive pedals again.
I had the silver Guvnor(?) and one more that I can't recall? I liked the form factor and it felt super solid. Especially compared to these older black housing bigger ones that look like they would feel like a knockoff old EHX pedal that was just waiting to fall apart at any given moment :oops:

I had the silver Guvnor(?) and one more that I can't recall? I liked the form factor and it felt super solid. Especially compared to these older black housing bigger ones that look like they would feel like a knockoff old EHX pedal that was just waiting to fall apart at any given moment :oops:

I think I had the Guvnor and the Jackhammer. I really wanted the echo one too.

Isn't it pretty much that people like modded versions of e.g the Bluesbreaker because they fix some of its problems?

This seems like Marshall misreading the market. But then again that BMW collaboration is just as out of touch.

Marshall‘s an odd company when it comes to giving people what they want and how they run their business. Satch diplomatically hinted around this when talking about how he realized his JVM wasn’t in production anymore. It was and then it wasn’t without any real communication from Marshall. While everyone else is making scalable mini-heads, they put out the 20-watters that ARE smaller, but still stupidly loud, people begged for years for a JCM800 reissue and it took them forever to put one out (and did so with a ridiculous price) and the whole “we’re not going to make a highly desired pedal because I dunno”

That said, I don’t pay a lot of attention to them, I know they’ve done a lot of practice amps and there are some fans of the Code, so maybe I’m just talking out my ass.

Isn't it pretty much that people like modded versions of e.g the Bluesbreaker because they fix some of its problems?

This seems like Marshall misreading the market. But then again that BMW collaboration is just as out of touch.
Ah I think the pedal market is ridiculous right now. They figured out they can charge $200+ for a basic a$$ drive pedal and people will pay it :oops: These should do great I'd think.

Marshall‘s an odd company when it comes to giving people what they want and how they run their business. Satch diplomatically hinted around this when talking about how he realized his JVM wasn’t in production anymore. It was and then it wasn’t without any real communication from Marshall. While everyone else is making scalable mini-heads, they put out the 20-watters that ARE smaller, but still stupidly loud, people begged for years for a JCM800 reissue and it took them forever to put one out (and did so with a ridiculous price) and the whole “we’re not going to make a highly desired pedal because I dunno”

That said, I don’t pay a lot of attention to them, I know they’ve done a lot of practice amps and there are some fans of the Code, so maybe I’m just talking out my ass.
No, you're right. Whoever's in charge is running the amp side of the business into the ground. All they care about are bluetooth speakers and dumb shit like that. Which I bet they're making a ton of money in, TBH.

Also, this. People don't buy the BlackBox, JHS, or even KOT derivatives because they sound just like the original. They're buying them because they fix problems.

I think I had the Guvnor and the Jackhammer. I really wanted the echo one too.

I still have the original Guv'nor. It sounded great, but when bypassed it sucked tone like no other; I hade to use a looper to isolate it from the other pedals in my board. If they reissue thr Guv'nor without the tone suck, that would be something.

Also, this. People don't buy the BlackBox, JHS, or even KOT derivatives because they sound just like the original. They're buying them because they fix problems.

Or are they buying them because the OG original is no longer available and sells for insane amounts of money so these are the cheaper next best thing?

Used originals are now up in the $800-1,000 range.

If people really didn’t want the original, but wanted an updated version that “fixes” the problems of the original why would there be a market for originals at those prices when the “improved” versions cost a fraction of the price?

Or are they buying them because the OG original is no longer available and sells for insane amounts of money so these are the cheaper next best thing?

Used originals are now up in the $800-1,000 range.

If people really didn’t want the original, but wanted an updated version that “fixes” the problems of the original why would there be a market for originals at those prices when the “improved” versions cost a fraction of the price?
Because people are nostalgic, and think the original is automatically better. I mean, people still think the Les Paul is amazing.

I mean, those pedals are pieces of shit, build-wise. Shitty jacks, crap boards. I have no idea why some idiot would spend that much on a Marshall pedal. At least Klons were built decently.

Last edited:
Because people are nostalgic, and think the original is automatically better. I mean, people still think the Les Paul is amazing.

I mean, those pedals are pieces of s**t, build-wise. sh*tty jacks, crap boards. I have no idea why some idiot would spend that much on a Marshall pedal. At least Klons were built decently.

Do you think Marshall cares if people are only buying them because they’re nostalgic and think the original is automatically better?

I’m pretty sure they only care that there is a market they’re able to turn a profit from.

I’m not even going to get started on the bulls**t comment about people who play Les Pauls. I thought we were better than that around here :rolleyes:

And fwiw, someone on german eBay classifieds is asking €999 for the original already. WTF? I sold mine for like 30 bucks in the last millenium.

Anyhow, anyone needs this guy here? I'll trade for an FM9 Turbo (seems to be realistic...).
(1) WhatsApp-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back