Marshall pedals getting reissued?

Kel9Ap.gif

So anyway... I'm seeing $250 pre-order for the BluesBreaker Reissue on Reverb. Seems extremely steep for what it is, especially since you can get improved clones for half of that, brand new. Hard pass.
The real question is are these one to one reissues, built like shit like the originals? Or are they improved durability-wise? If it’s the latter, then maybe it’s worth it?

The real question is are these one to one reissues, built like s**t like the originals? Or are they improved durability-wise? If it’s the latter, then maybe it’s worth it?

From Marshall's IG: "We're proud to introduce accurate re-issues of the Guv'nor, Shredmaster, Drivemaster and Bluesbreaker. Assembled by hand in the UK, every detail has been precisely and faithfully reproduced." To me that reads "we used the same shitty plastic jacks that people complianed about 30 years ago" but we'll see!

From Marshall's IG: "We're proud to introduce accurate re-issues of the Guv'nor, Shredmaster, Drivemaster and Bluesbreaker. Assembled by hand in the UK, every detail has been precisely and faithfully reproduced." To me that reads "we used the same sh*tty plastic jacks that people complianed about 30 years ago" but we'll see!
Then again, they did improve the Silver Jubilee RI’s effects loop. So, maybe these will be better?

I have an original Bluesbreaker and it has always been my favorite OD pedal. The pots on mine are a bit scratchy, I haven't used it in years. So I was excited to see the reissue, but $250.00 from Sweetwater seems a bit much, I think I'll dig out the contact cleaner and refresh my original.

I like the Fractal model of the BB, it's one of my main ODs now.

And yes, price on these is silly.

(As is almost all new gear, think I'm going strictly used for pedals/amps/guitars, and just new for digital stuff, from now on.)

I'm tempted to rearrange my board just so I can add the Blues Breaker reissue to it. I like it.

Back